Proof of Income for a Mortgage Application

Pete57
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

Proof of Income for a Mortgage Application

I am applying for a mortgage and the bank needs proof of my year to date (YTD) income.  The perfect document would be an "Earnings Summary" for 2017 with my address on it.  For whatever reason this is the type of specific information the underwriter needs.  The earnings summary is currently only available for the prior year with no address on it.  If AirBnB were to provide this YTD summary it would greatly assist hosts when they apply for loans using there AirBnB income.

Currently I am facing sending individual summaries for each client visit for the entire year in order to provide the required info.  In anybody has a work around please let me know.  I have called support and they were unable to help.

That is it for my Christmas wishlist.

13 Replies 13
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

Your transaction pages (found in your account) can generate any summary you want, included export to CSV. The only problem is: your name is not on it. But the transactions are also reported per reservation and to which bankaccount money is transferred. I like to  use the CSV export, as all information is exported  and can be imported into a spreadsheet. For a simple summary you could print directly from the transaction pages to printer or even better:  pdf-file.

Best regards,

Emiel

Emiel,

Thanks.  I did find those options.  It isn't a problem to get the actual numbers.  The problem is my bank wants the numbers with my address attached on some sort of official statement.

Best,

Pete

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Pete57OK., i understand your problem. I think Airbnb will be required to provide such reports in the future, as this also may be necessary for tax purposes etc., depending on the country where the host lives.
Please note: Allowing people to stay in your house via Airbnb (or similar) can be seen also as a risk to the property by the mortgage company. So it's not about the extra income only. I heard about this "rumors" in my country. The same difficulties that insurance companies are bothering homeowners with when "doing Airbnb".

Best regards,Emiel

Unfortunately, Loan companies won't accept these.  It has to be the official "Proof of Income" which Airbnb claims to provide but is incredibly difficult to get them to follow through to provide it.  I have been waiting 13 days for mine (it's supposed to take up to 5 business days).  I have also spoken 3 times by phone to their Reps and also been on emails with others.  Still not one has yet addressed it and meanwhile the mortgage rates here continue to go up...  So much for all their talk about valuing hosts...

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Pete57

Your bank account statements will have matching transactions.  

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Probably a positive if the Bank you use for AirBnB is also the one that you are seeking a loan from, they will see the transactions in your account.

David

I appreciate the replies.  My property is fully insured and my insurance company is aware that I use it for AirBnB.  I have offered to provide bank statements, but that is apparently not acceptable.  Currently I am looking at printing out each individual transaction for proof.

I think printing each transaction and tying to a bank account is going to be the best bet. I am assuming they've already got a copy of your 2016 tax return too?

Kate195
Level 3
Victoria, Canada

I too need this Proof of Income Statement.  Not only for a new mortgage application but also for Revenue Canada.  It apparently is only available to U.S. citizens.  What to make of that!

Airbnb phone is not even being answered today, Monday, March 5 and yesterday there was a so-called 15 minute wait - after 45 minutes I hung up.  

I have found Brian Chesky's email and written to him personally on this issue.

It is anybody's guess if he will take care of my concerns.

Airbnb has provided me with a "proof of income" fro 2017 and 2016, but my mortgage company (Quicken, an Airbnb partner for the new mortgage program) needs one for 2015 and says nothing else will do.  Apparently, the underwriters say that only the "proof of income" format works for documenting Airbnb income for my home. (I tried giving them the 2015 transaction history, and my 1099 form.) I have tried calling and messaging through the help center, but no response. Can anybody help me figure out how to get Airbnb to respond to this request?

I'm in the same boat trying to refi with Quicken Loans but I can't even get 2016 & 2017 Proofs of Income from them.  Quicken won't accept the screen shots of my "earnings summary" or "transactions" but want the actual "Proof of Income " from Airbnb for 2016 and 2017.   I put in 2 requests to Airbnb for these forms both 13 & 11 days ago (it's supposed to take up to 5 business days) and yet still nothing!   I have also spoken to 3 reps and have communicated by email with 2 others (the last one clearly had only skimmed my email and sent me a link for the wrong thing and the link didn't even work!).   What did you have to do to receive these?
The rates have already gone up in all the time I've been waiting which will cost me thousands of dollars over the life of the loan.   What a way to treat hosts (and I've been a super-host for over 3 years -- something that was supposedly valued...)
I am VERY frustrated and upset about this and it is really destroying my respect for Airbnb.

Kevin616
Level 9
Western Australia, Australia

I am in Australia and I too need an income statement for tax purposes and mortgage broker (end of financial year for last year- I only started in April 2018) and a year to date statement for the selling agent and mortgage broker if that were possible.

i can go through the transaction history (payouts) on air bnb and add them up myself but some payouts are combined (from when both properties were booked at the same time, so there’s no way to separate that for the tax office! 

Or is there?

can anyone advise? 

I don’t have quicken, excel or any other programs, just my phone and the app and desktop version @Lizzie1 

Jamie644
Level 1
Omaha, NE