Put Reviews back in chronological order

Michele4
Level 9
Munich, Germany

Put Reviews back in chronological order

Another round...

Seriously, does anyone from Airbnb read it? When I look for a place, I'm always interested in the most recent reviews. Everything else is just useless

51 Replies 51
Blaine5
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

I agree - chornological order makes the most sense. 

If a host rennovates their house, they would need to delete and re-create their listing, because whatever poor ratings they got in the past would persist for eternity.

If Airbnb doesn't change this, I can see an increase in hosts creating extra accounts for their listings if they get bad reviews.

This also gives a tremendous amount more power to guests. I've been blackmailed before: either lower the price, or we will give you a bad rating. Airbnb had my back on that one, and decided not to show that rating, which I'm very grateful for, but if the guest had managed to get away with this, this new feature would have displayed their negative review forever. 

In short, guests are more empowered to blackmail hosts for lower prices at the end of their stay as a result of this feature.

Grace214
Level 2
Hampton Bays, NY

The worst part is...,that guests from out of country that stay here, in the US, reviews automatically go to the bottom of all our reviews. If my last 6 guests are from Italy and each stayed 2 weeks, their reviews won't be read unless potential guests scroll through all my reviews. If not, it looks like I haven't been booked in 12 weeks and as a guest I'd never book because I would be wondering what the heck is going on at that place that no one has been staying there. 

Ian20
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

Totally agree.

Keep asking Airbnb to do something but no response. TripAdvisor and others all seem to use chronological order - IT MAKES SENSE!

The Airbnb system is obvioulsy another example of a 'geek' design by someone with no common sense, overthinking a very simple function which was fine before and everyone was happy. I often wonder if some of the designers and programmers actually use the site.

Did Airbnb have as many frustrated comments regarding the previoulsy used chronological order? I think not.

Priscilla46
Level 5
Concord, MA

What's especially odd is that is also of no benefit to guests who are searching for a host site. Quite the opposite as it misrepresents a host's number of reviews and some good observations (or otherwise) guests have made.  I would feel better if they could provide any reason whatsoever for doing it. 

Ian20
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

I have reviews at the top of the list for my listings from 2014 - guests assume I have had no other visitors since then. It's just a brainless and misleading system.

Ian20
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

I see even the comments history here is back-to-front. Why do they not put the most recent comments first?!

Priscilla46
Level 5
Concord, MA

I think all we hosts can do is keep complaining. However, it also helps, I think, to tell guests right up front in your listing how they can access your reviews. Can make it positive like "I host many guests from all over the world and airbnb files their reviews by country of origin so... and all of us need to keep complaining about it.