Question for Denver Hosts

Noel19
Level 2
Denver, CO

Question for Denver Hosts

I am considering "moving in" with my boyfriend but keeping my house as is and renting it short term, but full time on Airbnb (maybe just until I'm sure it's going to work out...). Is there enough demand for full time booking that I could make it worth my while to pay my mortgage, utilities and amenities like cable and wifi for the guests? I have had difficulty at times when I try to rent my whole house (I usually just rent one bedroom), and I wonder if that's because I don't do it enough? Anyway, I don't have enough experience to compare. Thanks for any help you can give me!

Noel

3 Replies 3
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

The Denver property market is hot for long term rentals so I would not expact you would have issues.

David
Bonnie120
Level 2
Denver, CO

Hi Noel,

For short-term renting a whole house, I think a lot of it would depend on where the property was located and how much you charge. We rent our guesthouse and are almost always completely booked. But we are also very resonably priced.

We don't provid cable either. With Netflix, HULU and Amazon Prime, there isnt enough demand for it to offset the cost. Cutting that might help you meet your bottom line.

Shannon296
Level 1
Denver, CO

Denver restricts all Airbnb to owner occupied properties.  For example, I can rent out my house when I am on vacation or rent a room when I am home but I must occupcy the Airbnb as my full time residence.  I understand that lots of folks don't abide by this Denver rule.  I suppose if your neighbors find out they can report it.  Just letting you know the rule.  Hope this helps!