Question

Sue529
Level 2
Skennars Head, Australia

Question

I have been approached by a couple in Australia selling a system called the Air Cashflow system that teaches people to take a lease on a property and then airbnb the property. Apparently they have software that shows which areas are most popular to airbnb and legal lease templates etc also cleaning and maitenance apps. Has anyone heard of it or is anyone using it with any success? They are charging $5000. Nicole and Aaron Byerlee are the founders. 

43 Replies 43
Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Sue529You can't take a lease and sub-let in Australia. It's against the original lease. So I'm not quite sure what they are trying to sell. I'm also not sure what a cleaning app will do for anyone - finding a reliable cleaner is the challenge! Seems like a lot of money to pay out for something that could change soon anyway - eg how Sydney will likely be reducing STR to 180 days soon - will kill a lot of whole property rentals.

Hi Gillian and Sue, great to see you on here. Few clarification points for you - We thought the same with sub leasing until we looked into it further. As long as you are up-front with the owner and they are aware of what you will be doing with the property and they sign a legal lease sighting that it will be used for short term leasing on AirBnB etc it is all fine. We worked with some of Australia's top property lawyers here in Australia to make sure we were all good to do this and our business took off. Yes Sue, we now have a course teaching it and our students are doing great. (Price is $3,997 not $5,000) Some of them choose to co-host/manage properties which we teach and others choose to lease properties and go that way. Both can work really well if you choose the right properties in the right locations 🙂  We also provide a legal lease written up by our lawyers for all our students in each state of Australia. This saves them thousands of dollars if they were to to go and do it themslves. Here is a link to some of our students - https://bnbprofessionalblueprint.com/bnb-professional-testimonials/

The cleaners app we use saves us from booking any cleans etc. When we get a booking on AirBnB the app is linked to it, so it sends a notification to our cleaners to lock in a clean on the day they check out. Saves us hours and hours per week to communicate and book all our cleans in. Was a great discovery 🙂

If you need any more clarification on what we do please feel free to reach out direct or check out our presentation. Happy to answer any questions you may have. There are many "experts" on forums that have not done any research into it unforunately. Hope that helps claifty some points for you. Happy hosting 🙂 

Hi Aaron, so my wife and I do not have a lot of spare cash at present and we are looking for a system that will provide us with passive income for a long time that will also set us up for our retirement. $4k is a bit of a stretch for us at present and my question is this an up front cost or is there the ability to pay in installments? If we decided to sign up to your system and we hit the ground running what would be a reasonable timeframe that we could expect to see a return on our investment? How long do you think that we would be able to pay us back?

Look forward to your thoughts.

Regards

Edward

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Edward353 do you really need a course for hosting and co-hosting? Also, If you do a quick Google search you will see that Airbnbs are being banned from a lot of cities, so I wouldn't rely on it for long term income and retirement. And yes, you can sub lease with a specific agreement with the owner but not many owners are willing to let that happen, just read a bit on this forum. And if you do need an separate agreement which lets say will be covered in those 4000$, will that be a specific agreement for your case? Because every agreement is different and every owner has different requests. Do a thorough research especially since you do not have a lot of spare cash...hosting is pretty straightforward and you have many many explanations and videos on the internet on how to run your Airbnb. I appreciate people who try to make a business out of sharing their knowledge but in a time when every information is available online it should be better to invest in the Airbnb itself rather than courses. 

Hi Ana thank you for your reply. Do you know what cities are banning airbnb?

Yes I know the power of the www. But sometimes it is good to tap into peoples knowledge so you don't make the same mistakes.

Regards

Edward

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Edward353 you have a forum here with thousands of posts with peoples mistakes and it is free 🙂 

@Ana1136 do you host on Airbnb? Forgot to ask.

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Edward353 yes. 

@Ana1136 no worries. your laws would be different to ours here in Australia. I am thinking of managing first as we don't have a lot of cash reserves. 

I am certainly not thinking that this will be our salvation, just another source of income that will assist.

May keep in touch if that is okay @Ana1136 

Regards

Edward

Hi Aaron,

Just reading your above comment:

"Yes Sue, we now have a course teaching it and our students are doing great. (Price is $3,997 not $5,000) Some of them choose to co-host/manage properties which we teach and others choose to lease properties and go that way"

So your course is Price is $3,997?

Can you pay it off? 

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

Sounds like they're trying to cash in @Sue529. It also sounds dodgy and unethical to me. One of the major problems with Airbnb is the shortage of housing it's caused due to people leasing dozens of apartments and homes and renting them out through Airbnb. But @Gillian19 is correct anyway - as far as I'm aware, sub-letting isn't allowed in Australia unless they've managed to find a loophole. I most certainly wouldn't be giving them any money...

Aaron405
Level 2
Noosa Heads, Australia

Thanks Kath. Appreciate your opinion. FYI on leasing properties. Hope you are doing great in your AirBnB - Looks like you are a Superhost. Well done.

As long as you are up-front with the owner and they are aware of what you will be doing with the property and they sign a legal lease sighting that it will be used for short term leasing on AirBnB etc it is all fine. We worked with some of Australia's top property lawyers here in Australia to make sure we were all good to do this. All the best.  

Nick634
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

What do you mean, "sounds like they're trying to cash in"?

Of course they're trying to cash in - they're running a business.  If you're hosting on Airbnb guess what - you're trying to cash in also.  They're just doing it bigger and smarter. 

Why on Earth do some people always attack what they don't understand?  Honestly.

Lynette57
Level 10
Gladstone, Australia

Agree with @Gillian0 and @Kath0. Both ladies are right, Subleasing isnt legal in australia, This couple claims to have it all covered with legal documentation but in reality I totally doubt it, as on the gold coast it costs between 5 and 8 thousand to get a permit to have an ABB property  approved.

(I tried to put a link to their web page but ABB wont allow it in) But if you google Air Cash Flow in QLD aus it will come up.

It sounds pretty dodgy to me. Like the other ladies said finding maintenance people and reliable cleaners can be a tough call in aus. Another thing it is  impossible to get insurance cover on a sublet.
Dont get sucked in.