Question

Sue529
Level 2
Skennars Head, Australia

Question

I have been approached by a couple in Australia selling a system called the Air Cashflow system that teaches people to take a lease on a property and then airbnb the property. Apparently they have software that shows which areas are most popular to airbnb and legal lease templates etc also cleaning and maitenance apps. Has anyone heard of it or is anyone using it with any success? They are charging $5000. Nicole and Aaron Byerlee are the founders. 

43 Replies 43
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Oh wow that sounds amazing Rob  @Robin4

Do you have any photos from the street party dinner?

Would love the recipe for the pavlova rolls they sound amazing if you want to send me via Pm

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Helen3

Yeah, I will put a few together tomorrow, time has gone midnight here but I just needed an hour or two here to unwind from today. 

I always hope that this street party thing is going to be a success . I am not a born cook Helen, it is a role that I have been seconded into, but I do love it and I have now got to the point where I understand the consequences of what one does in the kitchen. I know how to create....flavour.

I can't take any credit for the pavy role though....that is all Ade's work. She was always a great pavlova maker and every one of our friends looks forward to one of her Pavs. I know the recipe well but want her to participate so that she can take the accolades and feel useful.

The role differs from the normal pavlova in that you don't heap the mixture onto a large oven plate, you spread it into a three quater inch layer on baking paper on an oven tray and bake on a low heat  for 40 minutes. Let it cool slowly and when you remove from the oven you will have a slab of maliable pav mixture that is cooked....but without that crispy crust.

Ladel over whipped cream and add at least two passionfruit and roll up into a roll that will be about 7cms (3 inches) in diameter. spread another light layer of cream and roll the whole thing in crushed pistacio nuts. Now cut into 4 inch (10cm) lengths and place each length vertically on a plate sitting in a bed of Mango and either strawberries or blackberies.

Helen it is food of the gods, let me tell you! everyone who has it says it is a desert to die for!

If you would like the recipe for a perfect pavlova let me know and I will post here!

Cheers.....Rob 

@Robin4

Oh wow - that dinner sounds fabulous, Rob! And the thoughts of that pavlova made my mouth water. Sounds divine. Hope you managed to get a good sleep, and your brain is feeling a bit more rested now 🙂

It is frustrating trying to find a particular thread later if you don't have time to respond to it at the time. I do sometimes save the posts I want to respond to later - but mostly I forget, then I have to hope that someone makes a comment on the  thread so it pops up again at some point. Sure would be nice if there was an archive function!

I did have a trawl through lots of pages to try and find the thread in question, but no joy. Anyway, if it does surface again, I'll be sure to respond as soon as I see it next time 🙂

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Thanks for your perspective @Robin4

I appreciate we are all different.  

But when hosts talk about profitability of STR v LTR their time is very often a cost they forget.

I think it is useful for hosts to separate their time so they can see the actual costs ie airbnb mangement (manage listing, accounting etc) , cleaning, managing suppliers, buying items for the listing, rather than adding it into a cost, so they can clearly see their time as a separate cost for their business.

I would say on average I spend about twenty hours a month managing and cleaning my listing.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Helen3

No argument from me Helen....I host an average 15 guests a month so that equates to about 30 hours  assuming a turn-around takes around two hours. At our country's minimum wage of $25 per hour that means that just my servicing fees should be $50 per hosting. At that rate with my other costs combined I am loosing $8 every time I host a guest......but Helen it doesn't work like that....I am not a commercial enterprise!

I said to Sandra from Copenhagen the other night, sometimes I will invite a guest into my wine cellar and we will plow through a couple of hundred dollars worth of wine! I don't put a commercial value on it, I don't justify it, I have a wonderful night just as I would if they had been long time friends! It is the experience that is important for me....and, as far as I am concerned,  the end justifies the means .

Cheers.....Rob

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Robin4 Rob you really do sound like the best of hosts. If I ever come down your way I would love to be one of your guests...particularly if I get an invite to sample your wine cellar 🙂

And  you are fortunate to be in a position where you don't have to worry about the pennies.

For many hosts they have mortgages to pay and a living to make. They often give the reason for moving from LTR to STR that it is more profitable. In actuality if they worked out their costs properly they may not find them as profitable as they think - is the point I am making.

Rather than whether you. as an individual,  should be putting a financial cost on managing your listing

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Helen3

I have to say....and maybe I shouldn't but, there is a method to my madness!

I am in a wine auction site called Langtonsonline and I am in anything up to 80 wine  auctions every day! I know the wines I like and they are all in the $50-80 per bottle price range. But I struggle when I get above $10 per glass.....am I really enjoying this experience.

Now Helen, I nominate the wines that I am interested in and are prepared to bid on but.....I set a ceiling price of $15 per bottle! Now $15 is not going to get you a great bottle of wine and I will go for three months without winning a single bottle of wine.....ok!

But....but....but! It maybe 11.45 on a friday night, the boss has taken the secretary away for a weekend and the wife has found out and she says....."Mate, your wine cellar is history" and I will pick up 180-250 bottles of wine for $15 per bottle!!!!

You have to be streetsmart. I have a great wine cellar and plowing through $200 worth of wine doesn't mean I am plowing through $200.....ok!

Cheers......Rob

Thanks so much @Robin4 for tagging me in this post.

What a very useful tool!

Thanks

Marie-Louise

Robyn0
Level 2
Northern Territory, Australia

Hi 

Can you advise who suggest for insurance purposes as I can not find anyone who will cover a property that I am about to sublet - its my daughters property 

Robyn0
Level 2
Northern Territory, Australia

sorry my last request did not make sense

Can you please advise who they suggested for insurance purposes as I can not find anyoone who will cove a property that I am about to sublet - it is my daughters property

@Robyn0 wrote:

Hi 

Can you advise who suggest for insurance purposes as I can not find anyone who will cover a property that I am about to sublet - its my daughters property 

Aaron405
Level 2
Noosa Heads, Australia

Hey Robyn - Reach out to me personally and I will put you in touch with our broker who will set it all up specifically for you and your AirBnB property. 

Jacqui116
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

Hi Viki thanks is for your insight . Is the information informative and helpful in hosting other people's property . What free forums and websites are there to get this info . 

Nick634
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Wow, salty much?

You know what else they say is a scam?  The stock market.  It's a total scam and you can never make any money with it.

Warren Buffet and millions of other people laugh when they hear this nonsense.

If Melbourne doesn't work, here's an idea - look somewhere else!

And before you start - no, I don't know the people who run this course, I haven't bought the course and I have never even stayed in an Airbnb, let alone put a property on Airbnb.

Their idea isn't new - people are doing this all over the world with Airbnb and making a ton of money doing it.

So maybe the problem is...you?

Just saying. 

Hi all,

@Marie-Louise16 and @Aaron405 
I really appreciate your input here to let others know it actually works. My partner attended one of Aaron and Nicole's talks recently and we're very encouraged to join in.

I have one concern that I couldn't get my head around and hoping someone can shed some light on this and share thoughts on the matter.

I recently learned about the 180 days STR cab (which Aaron also mentioned in his talk). If this law takes action, what are the implications of that on what we do? And would there be a way for us to work around it to maintain our profit expectations?

I'd appreciate any thoughts or guidance on this.

Many thanks