Raising price effective date

Susan10
Level 9
Elkton, MD

Raising price effective date

I want to raise my price in the future but do not want it to effect those already booked.    I should be able to set the effective date of the new price.  There is no way to do this.  I don't think it is good business to raise the price of a current long term guest - or even guests who have already booked future dates - I'm sure they expect the price to remain stable.  They don't want a price increase right before their arrival date and I do want to respect that.

8 Replies 8
Melanie58
Level 10
Boise, ID

Bookings are stable.  Those prices never change.  Once you accept/agree upon a rate it is set whether you raise or lower your rates in the future.

Jake0
Level 5
Coeur d'Alene, ID

Raising your price isn't going to force people who have already booked to pay more.

Susan10
Level 9
Elkton, MD

But that's exactly what already happened.  Last time I raised my price I got a message from the future reservation wondering why the price changed.  I told him I did not intend for his price to increase and had to reset it.  Then a month later when he arrived and Airbnb deposited the money it was still at the higher price.  He stayed for three months and then as each new month came - yep the price kept changing and I had to keep resetting it.

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Susan10 If what you say has actually happened to you, that's a bug and should be reported directly to AirBnB Support. But, to be honest, I've never seen it behave that way. Once a booking is confirmed, the terms (prices, cancellation policy) never change.

Susan10
Level 9
Elkton, MD

@Dede0So how do I do that?  Report it? 

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Susan10 Here are some ways to contact AirBnB:  Contact Airbnb

Best way to start is, believe it or not, their Twitter account. They usually respond within an hour and typically escalate the issue to a specific email or phone support person.

Susan10
Level 9
Elkton, MD

Thanks

Dimitri0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Neu in der Community? Stell dich hier vor. Siehe auch Community Hilfe! Richtlinien & Infos findest du in Neuigkeiten.