Rant on the horrible service Corporate gives us

Bruce0
Level 3
Quesnel, Canada

Rant on the horrible service Corporate gives us

I truly hate those idiots that run things down in wherever Airbnb is run from now.  If you have any problem outside the extremely narrow circumstances they allowed themselves to think of then you have no hope of getting any answer from the HELP system joke. They have cut off all ways of trying to make direct contact for direct questions  and the purile support system that may eventually contact you is only allowed Pollyanna scripts with no real support. I do not know what corporate entities are most hated in the rest of the world but here in Canada it is the phone companies; their service and avaraciousness are universally loathed. Their service is exemplarary compared to Airbnb's. The 13%+ that they gouge off us is in no way delivered in support or ANYTHING else. 

Lily Tomlin as Ernestine said "We're the phone company. We don't have to care." Airbnb seems to have adapted that as their corporate motto.

Rant done.

5 Replies 5

@Bruce0 Sometimes you just gotta let some steam off 🙂

Yep, i too sometimes are a bit annoyed at the bubblegum responses.  I received a classic "buck passing" message last week, here in part (eyes rolling back)..

.....however I will be sure to pass your email on to the appropriate parties who can follow up if they have any questions.

But i must also admit, they do get swamped in alot of dumb and repetitive questions (like this forum receives ), this is probably why they would attempt to palm off as much of this as possible to their text help section or again these forums.  It´s an economic decision.

For the % we pay, there is not much better out there regarding host support and volume of sales from my experience.  There is one better I know of but they are gouging 20 to 25%.

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Bruce0 Ernestine?  Wow, you're really dating yourself! 🙂

But seriously, is there anything that a fellow host can help you with or are the issues you are facing too specific to your account? If the former, ask away and we'll do what we can!

Thank you Clare but I doubt it. My displeasure most times arises out of system problems for which there is no answer for in the help system for and no easy way to go to corporate or the community experts. Two nights ago the system began appending new messages to old ones when it had always put them in a separate box. I did not know if they were getting delivered. Zero reference in online help It was 3 hours before a community expert could reassure me.

Last night I would type a message, hit SEND and the text would vanish and never be sent but a error bar with '+200' would appear at the top of the screen. Again, no answer in online Help.  

@Bruce0 Ah! Well at least I can give you some help with the 200! error.  Several hosts posted yesterday about this error so I went to @airbnbhelp on twitter and got this answer.  One host responded that this fix solved the problem.  

Error code 200.JPG

You should be aware that Airbnb apps are kind of flaky and require maintenance as described above.  I use my phone app only in emergencies and notifications.  All other Airbnb business I do on my laptop with Google Chrome which Airbnb says is the best for their site. 

If there are any questions I can answer for you, fire away!

Clent0
Level 1
Dallas, TX

I recently experienced the difficulty in getting anything resolved with Airbnb. I'm a first time user, booked my two rooms for next week in Portland and then received a generic email stating they could no longer support my account and my reservationsi  had been cancelled and account suspended. No explanation as to why, no option to correct anything that could have been wrong during account set up, no reason as to anything.

Beckett, May 29, 20:17 CDT:
Hello Clent,

Thanks for reaching out.

We regret to inform you that we'll be unable to support your account moving forward, and have exercised our discretion under our Terms of Service to disable your account(s). This decision is irreversible and will affect any duplicated or future accounts.

Please understand that we are not obligated to provide an explanation for the action taken against your account. Furthermore, we are not liable to you in any way with respect to disabling or canceling your account. Airbnb reserves the right to make the final determination with respect to such matters, and this decision will not be reversed.

We'll contact you if anything changes in the future, but until then, we won't be able to assist you any further with your account issues. Please see our Help Center for further information: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/432.

Thanks,

Beckett
www.airbnb.com/help

I replied to the email as instructed per their customer service team, and below is what they sent back. Extremely rude and poor customer service. 

Airbnb
Airbnb Customer Experience

Beckett, May 26, 20:59 CDT:
Hi Clent,

After a routine review of your Airbnb account, we regret to inform you that we’re no longer able to support your account due to a violation of our Terms of Service.

You can review our Terms of Service at: www.airbnb.com/terms

Reservation HMP9AXBDK3 has been canceled for a full refund, and all other parties have been notified. Your refund should be reflected on your account within 5-7 business days, depending on your bank’s processing time. This reservation will not be reinstated.

Per our Terms of Service, Airbnb reserves the right to make the final determination with respect to such matters, and this decision will not be reversed. For more information about account deactivations, visit https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/432

Best,

Beckett
www.airbnb.com/help

THIS EMAIL IS A SERVICE FROM AIRBNB CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE.

THIS EMAIL IS A SERVICE FROM AIRBNB CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE.
For more information visit our Help Center
[JP9M5X-3GLK]