Receipts to guests

Catarina30
Level 1
Porto, Portugal

Receipts to guests

Hi everyone!

I have a doubt about receipts.

Do hostes need to give a receipt ? Can the guest take a receipt from the platform? Can hosts see it?

How can I prove that a receipt was given to the guest? Can I print the confirmation of that?

Thank you.

Catarina [Personal information hidden]

5 Replies 5
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Catarina30 If your guests want a receipt ask them to get a bank statement from the account that they used to pay for their reservation. Technically speaking the guest is paying Airbnb not you so if any guest ask you for a receipt you can always tell them to contact Airbnb. You have nothing to print whatsoever. Good luck!!!

I Oomesh.

The problem is that in Portugal I think we need to have a proof that we gave a receipt in this case to Aribnb if not to guests.

So, at this moment I think I am having an "inspeccion" about it.

The first think they asked me was about the receipts to guests. If I gave them or not. In this case if it is Aribnb to give if guests want on, I should be given the receipt to airbnb. How can I prove that?

Can you give me anyfurther information about it?

Thank you,

Catarina [Personal information hidden]

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Catarina30

They can print invoice/receipt from the site simply by finding their reservation under "trips"

Hi Marit Ane,

The problem is that I need a proof that the receipt was given to be able to declare taxes properly in my country.

Is this possible?

Thank you.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Catarina30

You have your transaction history for taxation purposes.