Referral Program Limits to First 25 Invites Only!

John1786
Level 2
Waynesville, NC

Referral Program Limits to First 25 Invites Only!

I have been participating in the host referral progam in which Airbnb pays $240 for each new host you invite, and which meets certain criteria. So far, I've been paid for two new hosts.  I also have two more that have been approved for payout, but haven't received the money yet. Which leads to my issue/question. Apparantly there is a 25 person limit on the number of referrals you can be paid for, and there seems to be a limit to only the first 25 you invite. So, if you invite more than that, any of those beyond the first 25 don't qualify for the referral bonus. I invited quite a number of contacts, a lot of which are becoming hosts, but now I'm learning that I will not be paid for any beyond the first 25 I invited. I feel like this is a deceptive policy, since 

Airbnb will be making money off of all the new hosts I've invited, yet they're saying I only get paid for the first 25 I invite that become hosts, not the first 25 out of all invitations that become hosts. Confusing or what? Additionally, I have two hosts that I've been approved to get paid a referral fee for, and now I'm being told, nope you not getting paid. I've attached a screen shot that shows proof that I am approved to be paid, yet they're now saying no. This is wrong. I'd appreciate any clarification on the referral program's limitations. Thank you.Airbnb says I'm getting paid, but now suggesting I won't be.Airbnb says I'm getting paid, but now suggesting I won't be.

10 Replies 10
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @John1786,

For what it's worth, the referral terms can be found at the link below.

They mention a limit of US$5,000.

Airbnb Referral Programme Terms and Conditions

Steve.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Seems pretty fair to me, as inviting over 25 people seems somewhat spammy. Personally I've gone for quality referrals, and that means getting the payments as expected. 

If they don't want you to invite more than 25, why do they keep suggesting more of my contacts? I have a qualty professional contact list, all of which are associates of mine and are fine with my invites. The point is, Airbnb wants as many hosts as possible, but only wants to pay for a limited amount. It's deceptive. But thanks for the input.

Hey John how long did it take your payment to come ?

Still waiting to be paid for two referrals. I've been told I will be paid but have no idea when.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

This is to stop people using the system as a commercial referral system rather than referring personal contacts.

As you say you are trying to get referral credits from professional rather than personal contacts.

the fact of the matter is I haven't been paid for two of my referrals and the screen grab indicates that those monies are due to me that's the issue. be on that if you be does not stipulate any difference between a professional or personal contact it encourages you to recruit as many new hosts as you wish. It even States you can make up to $6, 000.

There is no stipulation in their terms as to who you can ask to be a host. it's not like Airbnb is some non for profit Community organization! 

John1786
Level 2
Waynesville, NC

Also, there's even a button that says "refer contacts". Additionally once you've imported your contacts Airbnb will suggest new contacts to invite beyond their 25 person limit. Again if they don't want you to invite more than 25 people they should put a limit on it. The use of the word "contacts" is misleading and should be removed.

Sheryl21
Level 2
Wichita, KS

I experienced pretty much the same thing after spending a great amount of time helping set up new hosts. The excuse I was given was that these people had signed up earlier as guests so they didn’t qualify for the new host program.  Airbnb  had also lowered the referral reward to $120.  I got nothing! I won’t be referring anyone ever again!  And, after AirBnB’s dishonesty I. Keeping their promise about this, I’m wondering whether the  lloyds of London insurance is really valid either.  I’m losing faith in AirBnB!