Referring Hosts

Paul-and-Susan1
Level 1
Fort Collins, CO

Referring Hosts

I referred a host.  She has already hosted twice, and has a number of other bookings.  As far as I can tell, I am not getting the $100 referral credit because the first booking did not total over $100.  I'm hoping this is just a misunderstanding, because otherwise, it does not seem fair.  

23 Replies 23
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

"To qualify for any payouts, the Referred Host’s first received booking must have a value (excluding cleaning fees, taxes, and special offers) of at least 100 USD (or the equivalent in your local currency)."

Looks like you found the answer, @Paul-and-Susan1

If you would like to see a change in the terms and conditions of the program, you might mention it in Host Voice. That is in the dropdown under "Discuss" at the top of this forum. Look first to see whether anyone else has posted on it. If they have, give it a thumbs up. That is how suggestions get attention. 

Just by the way, this is why I always turn down the offer of referring my friends. None of them has a $100 place 🙂

@Lawrene0 "Just by the way, this is why I always turn down the offer of referring my friends. None of them has a $100 place :)"

If your friends are requesting the referral and you trust them, I cannot imagine why you'd turn them down. All you have to do is send them a link and if they agree to host and the first booking is more than $100 both you and your friends get a bonus. I suppose if the first booking is only for one night, no one would get the bonus, but how likely is a one-night booking? I have yet to get one.

When I bought my AirBnB unit, I used a referal link that I suggested that my Realtor send me and we both got the bonus. 

Sorry, @Scott80, I wasn't clear, and you are absolutely right. If a friend wanted to be a host, I would refer them, even if there was no credit in it for me. I meant the pop-up after each review that asks me to pester (my word, not the pop-up's...) my friends to be hosts. I don't want to do that, and the likely-zero credit is no incentive. 

My bookings are nearly all one night, so I imagined theirs would be, too. Faulty logic. 

Thanks for mentioning this. Where I have discouraged people, you have given them hope!

Aaron27
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

I have referred a host and they have had thier first  booking, well over $100 US. It shows in my list that they have registered, but my total $ amont shows as $0. Does anyone know a direct contact with Airbnb. Can't find anything.

Hi Aron, did you potentially sort out the issue. I just had 2 new hosts sign up with my link, however all I can see in my platform is their profile and "listing published", although I cannot clik on their listing and my platform also tells "0 hosts recruited", is it that the airbnb system has a huge delay in updating their information?

Henn0
Level 1
Rowville, Australia

Hi Aaron,

I had the same problem. I called them up and they are checking it for me. Did they solve your problem and pay you back the referral fee?

Hi Henn,

Which phone number can I call to claim this issue to Airbnb. Thank you so much in advance.

Pavel18
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

Hi, I recommend my friend to airbnb, because I should get some money for that. Now he had already guests and I still did not receive anything 😞

Pavel, You get paid within 30 days after the qualifying event, this would mean about 30 days after your guests left (checked out).

i referred a host but did not get the benefit

No did not get it

Liz19
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi my mother tried Airbnb hosting didnt get any bookings and cancelled. I insist she should try again, but when I send her referral code it says I've already referred her. This is an "insist-you-try-again" referral!

Any ideas?

Welcome0
Level 10
Hicksville, NY

How do I refer a new host? What is the link? 

Helo @Welcome0,

Click on "Host" and then on "Dashboard". Then click on "Refer hosts" and proced from there.

See the link below for information on how it works.

How do I earn travel credit from referring a friend to Airbnb?

Steve.