Refund

Refund

I am a new host to Air BNB and recently had a conversation with a potential guest, Asher Nolan. He was going to stay with us but it ended up not working out. Unfortunately he was still billed for his stay. He just texted me to let me know his credit card was charged. I’m not sure how that happened but can you please refund his credit card. Please let me know how to proceed, thank you.

3 Replies 3
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Erini0 whatever you do, DO NOT cancel the reservation yourself. And if he sends you an cancelation request do not accept. If you accept you wont be able to become a superhost, you will have to pay fines. The guest must cancel the reservation on his behalf and he will loose the service fee.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Erini, you have posted to a community forum; Airbnb staff may or may not see your post. It sounds like your guest actually booked and has not canceled. Do you see an existing reservation for him? If so, he should cancel, then he will be refunded according to your cancellation policy:

Moderate policy – Free cancellation within 48 hours
Cancel within 48 hours of booking to get a full refund.
More information
  • Cancel up to 5 days before check-in to get a refund, minus Airbnb service fees.
  • Cancel within 5 days of check-in and the cost of the first night plus 50% of remaining nights are non-refundable.
  • Airbnb service fees are refunded only if the reservation is cancelled within 48 hours of booking and the guest has not checked-in yet.

You or your guest can reach Airbnb customer support at +1-415-800-5959 +1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

@Erini0   This is a host forum, Airbnb do not look at it you need to do this through your account.

Look at this article it explains how to.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/165/how-do-i-refund-my-guest