Refunding a cancellation

Jp28
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

Refunding a cancellation

Hello!

I had a guest just cancel and I gladly offered to refund the full amount (to be nice even tho my policy is Medium, so I think 50% was charged).  

I got the email and clicked refund entire amount.  The guest is saying that she got everthing but ~$70.  Does Airbnb keep their cut in a cancellation?  Or, was it the cleaners fee?  

Thx,

JP

7 Replies 7
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Jp28

It's not cleaning fee, as it is always refunded. Unfortunately, it is probably Airbnb service fee.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Jacquie2
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

I thought Airbnb refunded the service fee as long as the guest did not have 3 cancellations or more in a year, but they do strange things.  I just discovered a payout is .40cents less than what was originally told at booking - no biggie as it is a little amount to me, but if they do that to everyone, they are making millions on the payouts???  I think they have raised the percentage to 3% from what it used to be and are not honoring the old rate when the booking was made.  Anyone else notice this?

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Jacquie2Was it ever less than 3%?

Jacquie2
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

yes, I am pretty sure it was 2.8 some time ago, then 2.9 and now I see it is 3.0.  Maybe it depends on the amount

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Jp28 In many circumstances Airbnb keeps the service fee. If the guest would like to fight it, they can Contact Airbnb directly. 

Karen748
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

We have a guest wanting to cancel as they are not coming to Cape Town any more. They asked that I cancel for them as they don't want to pay the Airbnb Service Fee. Will we be charged? See there is something about $50 on your, as a hosts, first cancellation etc.

We don't want to pay in for him to cancel, but happy for him to have all his money back, as he is also within the time frame of still being able to cancel free of charge according to our personal Airbnb guidelines.

What is the best way to deal with this?

Thanks,

Karen

@Karen748 if you cancel by yourself or if you agree that you guest cancel on your behalf then you will be penalized with 50-100$ fee, blocked dates, automated review and you will lost your superhost status (or will not get one) for a year. 

So - DO NOT EVER CANCEL BY YOURSELF !

If they cancel they will get their money back according to your cancelation policy and they will get airbnb service fee back as well  if they didn't cancel more than 3x in a year