Removal of retaliatory review by violent, destructive guest

Tanya106
Level 2
Norfolk, VA

Removal of retaliatory review by violent, destructive guest

I need help with the removal of a unfavorable review posted by guest who violated our house rules and Airbnb's terms of service.

The review was posted by [name hidden] about his stay Oct. 26-29.

During his stay, he got into a fight at 11:29 p.m. with his girlfriend and damaged our furniture. He texted us the following morning:

"I'm sorry about loud noise. My girl gets drunk and very violent lol. I'm so sorry for being loud."

Then he threatened to post an unflattering review when we asked him to pay for the damage.

I understand airbnb reserves the right to remove reviews when there are violations.

- Chris violated our house rules by not respecting our 10 p.m. quiet time.
- Chris violated airbnb's terms of service by using a review to threaten us.

Below are links to photos of the damage and a screenshot of his text message.

[links hidden] 

Please note that Chris' review is inconsistent without our other views, all of which are extremely positive:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/19343019?preview_for_ml=true

3 Replies 3
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Tanya106 You’ll need to contact Airbnb directly to discuss this review. You can do a quick web search for their contact information. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

I noticed you did not review your guest (no reviews at all in his profile). Why ?

I think most people will not take his review very seriously, allthough I agree it's not flattering on your listing. You can contact Airbnb about it, if you wish. It allready happened in october, did you ask for payment of damages, using the right procedures ? Because now i think it is too late. Maybe add a deposit to your listing to cover problems like this in future ?

Best regards, Emiel

@Tanya106   You can respond to his review if not too late and state your case - there are a ton of posts about how best to do this so as not to detract from your listing.  Also, I think most people see a rant for what it is and will ignore it given your great reviews.