Renting a bunk house

Karyl1
Level 2
South Hero, VT

Renting a bunk house

Good morning!  We are real new at being hosts.  We have a Bunk House on the lake and popular bike path.  The bunk house sleeps 8.  Ideally we would like to fill it.  If one person books it the calander will show that is not available.  In reality we want it to show up as still available because we want to run it as more of a Hostel type rental where you may not know everyone you are sharing the Bunk House with.  I am not sure how to get this across on my listing.  I also would like to give the option of total privacy but a minimum of 5 bunks would need to be booked in order to have that privilege.  Thanks for any help in this matter!

Karyl

4 Replies 4
Jeff129
Level 4
Sunnyvale, CA

Create eight listings, one for each bed. Use the same pictures for all common areas, and clarify in the listing that it is a shared accommodation without privacy. Post a price per bed, perhaps extra if one is queen-sized in a private room.

For your ease in tracking your numerous listings, I might recommend that you title them by preceeding the title with the specific bed, e.g., "2/8 Bed at B&B by Lakefront Bike Path"

Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

In addition to the 8 listings, you would then need to add a ninth for the full rental.  This one, you would label an "entire place".  Then you would just price it at 5x the price of a single bed.  Then you would just need to take care that if the "entire place" is booked, that you block off all the individual bunk listings for that time period. I do not think there is a way to do this automatically by synching.

I don't recommend this, as it is a lot of work and prone to double-booking.

Imagine reviews from guest who show up to dicover that their entire-home-rental has booked guests showing up at the door - or worse, already checked in!

Too much trouble...

I agree that it takes a fair amount of attention to scheduling.  I was just responding to Karyl's wish to be able to rent the place as a complete unit to a single group, and letting her know that that would be the way to do it.