Repeat Guests

Paul647
Level 2
Roscrea, Ireland

Repeat Guests

Hi I've had a number of guests want to come back and stay. I would prefer if they went through the site as I'm afraid if something goes wrong if they contact me privately to book. Has anyone any thoughts on this? 

5 Replies 5
Kat17
Level 10
Boston, MA

@Paul647 I’m with you. Absolutely go through Airbnb. Then they’re responsible if anything goes wrong. That’s why I also do most of my communication through the app, too, to have a record just in case. Would be interested in hearing other perspectives, though. 

And congrats on having repeat guests! I’d love if some of my faves came back! 

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Paul647 I asked returning guests to contact me via Airbnb so I can send them a Special Offer with a discount for their return stay. 

Hello @Cynthia-and-Chris1,

uuuuuuhhhhhh!!! I love this idea, I havent thought about it!

I will offer it next time! Thank you!!

Great idea. I will definitely do this. 

I've had repeat business on another site but on second stay they broke rules (not major), had on third stay where they left house in such poor condition that I've decided to say no to a five day stay on New Years. I think we have actually become too friendly and they think they can do whatever they want. I suppose I've just answered my own question here. Thanks to everyone who answered. 

Simon237
Level 4
Brisbane City, Australia

I've had two guests try to extend their stay and offer me cash instead of booking through AirBNB. On both occassions, I've told them they need to book through Airbnb, since this protects both them and me in case of any issues. It also makes it easier to manage paying taxes.

If they aren't willing to book via Airbnb, that would ring alarm bells for me.