Request Expired After I Declined

Answered!
Erica39
Level 1
Whitehorse, Canada

Request Expired After I Declined

I received a booking request. We conversed. In that time, her plans changed. I declined the request with a nice personal comment. But now I've received notice that the request expired. I assume this will negatively affect my good rating, which I already think happens too easily and too quickly ... I have good intentions and high standards, but am not a hotel with staff ... but now I can't find a way to contact someone about this. It's not the end of the world but, it's inaccurate. Can anyone help point me in the right direction to actually make contact with Airbnb folk? Thanks.

1 Best Answer
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

There will be nothing they can do unfortunately. You will have to remember to do each request in 24 hours, if you plan to be away from the internet for longer than that it is worth snoozing the listing so you don't get any enquiries. Otherwise it is imperative than all enquiries are dealt with in 24 hours.

If a guest's plan changes, you can ask them to please remove the request so you don't get marked down for declines. Not as serious as cancelling, but it all adds up.

Good luck.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

There will be nothing they can do unfortunately. You will have to remember to do each request in 24 hours, if you plan to be away from the internet for longer than that it is worth snoozing the listing so you don't get any enquiries. Otherwise it is imperative than all enquiries are dealt with in 24 hours.

If a guest's plan changes, you can ask them to please remove the request so you don't get marked down for declines. Not as serious as cancelling, but it all adds up.

Good luck.

This kind of situation always confused me.  I called airbnb customer service and was reassured that if within the first 24-hours the host RESPONDED to the guest that there wiuld be no penalty.  It simply does not make sense that 100% of quest inquiries can be resolved in 24 hours.  In complicated arrangements, I have advised the guest that until their plans can be finalized that I would decline them until they make up their minds and are prepared to book.  This reminds the guest gently that we are not a hotel, we rely on this income for our family wellbeing, and their indecision cannot hold our calendars hostage.  It has always worked out well.  Keep in mind, if you think airbnb made a mistake, they are responsible to correct it.  Hope this helps!  Lee