Request to change the reservation.

Patrick802
Level 3
County Dublin, Ireland

Request to change the reservation.

Hi,

I have 2 guests booked in for 5 nights, they are already here and are staying with me until they found a long term apartment which they already have found today, so they want to change the reservation and only requested to stay only 2 nights now, so 1 other night. I have already been paid by Air bnb. I will be losing out on 3 nights. How does this work If I agree? do I have to refund them for the 3 nights is it? and straight away?

8 Replies 8
Patrick802
Level 3
County Dublin, Ireland

* I mean  refund for 3 nights not 2.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Patrick802  I tried to send this via the messaging system and lost it 3 time I get an Oops message.

@Patrick802

Do not alter the dates or change the booking. AirBnB will give 1 day at 100% and 2 days at 50% if they cancel based on your policy. If you get any message to accept a change or the guest wants to cancel DECLINE it immediately DO NOT ACCEPT you will be refunding them in full and the cancellation becames yours and you will be penalized for it. Tell them the sooner they cancel the more they will be refunded and if you can rebook any of the time you will refund more (probably not going to get both rooms rebooked at this short notice). If they cancel after your check in time today you will get 2 days at 100% and 1 at 50%. AirBnB will take what they refunded them back to them from you out of your next bookings. You DO NOT REFUND THEM Airbnb will according to your policy.  Below is some important information to keep handy. Hope this helps.

DO NOT CANCEL a reservation, DO NOT ACCEPT any message about cancelling, changing or refunding DECLINE it a loophole that comes back to bite you and gives guests back their service fees and/or voids your cancellation policy (changing dates) or the cancellation is now on you, not the guests. DO NOT REFUND anything until actual cash has been given to you by AirBNB. If you refund they will take the money from you and a lot of times guests get refunded from both AirBnB and you if you do this, then you have a fight to get your money back. Tell the guest you do not deal with the booking funds that is all on AirBnB's end. 

Patrick802
Level 3
County Dublin, Ireland

oK, many thanks, very awkward as they will be staying here again later, and maybe a bad review also. So ina  nutshell I tell them they have to cancel the 3 remaining days themselves asap?

@Patrick802  Yes. 

Patrick802
Level 3
County Dublin, Ireland

cheers.

Patrick802
Level 3
County Dublin, Ireland

so to clarify finally, if the guest requests the host to change/alter the reservation the host gets penalised...but if the guest changes it themselves what penalties do they get hit with?

@Patrick802  If the guests send you a change/alter to the reservation DECLINE it they will get refunded in full for the 3 days and you get nothing. They can't change it they need to cancel it through AirBnb and if you get a message asking you to ACCEPT you must DECLINE that the guests want to cancel they will get a refund for the WHOLE STAY and  the cancellation will be on you. They need to call AirBnB to cancel the remaining days. You do nothing on your end regarding this reservation. This is all on them to cancel through AirBnB if they want a partial refund give them the number below. If you get a call or message from AirBnB after they cancel requesting you refund more, say NO and DECLINE! 

AirBnB Ireland +353 1 697 1831 

Patrick802
Level 3
County Dublin, Ireland

Many thanks again Letitia for all the insightful info. P