Reservation on blocked date - How?

Cindy161
Level 2
Oslo, Norway

Reservation on blocked date - How?

Hello,

Am hoping to find help in here. I set up a calendar with available and unavailable dates, to rent out my flat on weekends and holidays.

I thought the unavailable dates would be blocked for booking, but I've already had two bookings on two different days that I had set as unavailable dates. This is problemtatic for both the guests and me as a host.

The family that I was supposed to host, said the date didn't show up as blocked on their search. So I checked my page again, and the calendar was as I had set it up, unavailable for booking on this date.

So why does it say something else on the customer's search, and how can they book a date that I've blocked? 

Any help is appreciated!

31 Replies 31
Rúni0
Level 1
United States

Several times I have experienced that blocked dates have unblocked themselves.

I constantly have to check my calendar to reblock dates. Earlier this year I had to cancel a reservation and this evening eight days in december were unblocked.

How do I contact Airbnb? This is a problem I not am able so solve myself. The password has been changed. I can not cancel one more reservation because then my profile most likely will be shut down.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Rúni0

Firstly Rúni go to your calendar page, and on the top right you will see 'Avalability Settings'! Click on this and in the drop-down box that will appear set your booking window to 'All Future Dates'....This will remove the rolling window from your listing. Then set 'start and end' dates for days or weeks that you wish to block and (provided there is no other issue) this should solve the problem of dates reopening for booking. One cannot be categoric about these answers but, in 90%+ of cases removing the rolling booking window solves this problem!

Next get onto Airbnb and explain how these dates came to become available and they will remove and penalty that you may have occured. I am not sure if they can re-set your 'stats' ratings though. I think that is tied up in the algorithm and I don't know if they have much control over that.

All tyhe best Rúni....

Cheers.....Rob