Reservation

Reservation

Hi
I dont understand how airbnb works.. Apparently..
If there are available dates on my calender then anyone can just make a reservation and check in?? Shouldnt someone who wants to book in get my approval first???
Thanks
Fellow
5 Replies 5
Tracey30
Level 1
Boise, ID

I recommend turning instant book option off as a new host. At first I thought it was a great option, but as a new host it is really important to learn the ropes and make sure your guests are ID verified and you can talk to people until you get more comfortable with how Airbnb works.

Thanks a lot!

i didn't know it exists... 

Melanie33
Level 8
Ashcott, United Kingdom

Have just looked at your listing and not sure if you know but your calendar is completely blocked out now so no one can book any way.

Mel

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Rather than being blindsided by your Air BNB account, it would be worth your while to read the introductory articles provided by Air BNB.  I speak from personal experience and having responded to many, many discussion threads in which new hosts (and some uninformed experienced hosts) suffer penalites and negative reviews due to lack of being informed about this new business adventure.  Good Luck!!

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

You can snooze your listing until you have worked out how the site works, having no availability effectively does the same.

David