Response Rate-what is yours Airbnb

Gary-and-Katia0
Level 2
California, United States

Response Rate-what is yours Airbnb

Prior to going to our rental house in Mexico I changed emails because we were having problems sending emails on Comcast.  When we returned I called Airbnb to switch back to my regular email account as I take care of transactions.  Couldn't believe it took over an hour to do this but back to normal I thought.  We get inquiries almost every week but for a while nothing.  Went on to Airbnb official sit to see that our account had been deactivated because we hadn't reponed to about 6 inquiries.  I called Airbnb and told them I had never received any of these inquiries so how can I respond.  My response rate went from 100% to around 84%.  Even though this was not my fault Airbnb wouldn't change my response rate back to waht it was.  If that wasn't bad enough I asked customer service to make a booking.  Of course it didn't come up in my emails.  No problem Airbnb was going to put their tech team on it and flag it urgent.  Here's what I found out.  Customer service told me they were working on the problem but couldn't tell me what had been done.  One week went by then 2 and still working on it.  Here's the facts.  A large company like Airbnb should have a technical help line not just customer service.  You would think that Airbnb would have the best Tech Team on the planet with all the money they are making.  But they NO Tech Team.  They left me out there with no calvary coming.  Worse I asked if I could trash my listing, start over but could they put my reviews back up.  Couldn't do that either.  As a former Super Host Airbnb's stock just plumeted.  Worst yet there is nobody inb management you can talk with.  Airbnb you get ONE STAR.

1 Reply 1
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

You have a response rate of 100% , respond within a few hours and your place looks amazing, so good I have saved it to favourites though I am unlikely to come and stay. I just want to look at it again and again. Agree with the response from Airbnb not beeing that great but it seems to be fixed now. Your reviews are fantastic and you will have no problems getting more appreciative guests. As they say, it looked too good to be true but it was. I believe it, so good.

Yes, they need a tech support separate to general support!