Response Times - Property 3969759

Robert219
Level 1
Wachapreague, VA

Response Times - Property 3969759

I have recieved several request for "long term" rentals (i.e. 3-4 months)  My fear is that if I don't respond to an Unreasonable Request I'll be penalized.   Today I found out my score is 91%  for (2) cancellations, (that were not reasonble nor fair to me the Host) i "cannot fall below 90% without a penalty from Airbandb.  

What is the best way to deal with these request 

2 Replies 2
Barb6
Level 10
Stevensville, MI

Do you have instant book turned on. If so, turn it off. If there is a particular reason that you are canceling, put it in your rules. That way if someone trys to book, and doesn't comply with what you have written, you can call ABNB and have them cancel it penalty free. 

Sounds like ABNB isn't giving you the flexiblity that you need. I surmize it is because of Instant Book.

Best of luck,

Barb

Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

I ham a little confused if you want long term guests or not.  If you do not, it is very easy to go into your availability settings and put in a maximum length of stay.  Just choose however many days you would want to be the longest stay you would be comfortable with.  People can not request any length of stay longer than what you put in as your maximum.