Retaking Photos with updated furniture

Travis9
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

Retaking Photos with updated furniture

I've updated my listing and moved around furniture and put in some newer, nicer furniture over the last 18 months since I last had professional photos taken.  I'd like to update the photos on the listing.  Is it possible to re-request a professional photographer to come back for the same listing?  I've now had 2 people over the last 3 months comment that the pics are inaccurate, which I note in the listing, but obviously not everyone reads in detail.  I'm just trying my best to improve the user experience.  

I've had a substantial number of reservations since the last time, so I'm sure I've helped contribute profitably to AirBnB.

Thanks,

Travis

2 Replies 2
Ash-and-Dasha0
Level 10
Redwood City, CA

Every 5th question on this forum is about retaking pictures with updated furniture/renovations/better light/etc. 

Airbnb pays very little to these freelance photographers, they do it for the exposure and expanding their portfolio.On a grand scheme of things your contribution to airbnb is very minor, so airbnb won't arrange for a reshooting. You can hire a freelancer yourself and update the pictures, it's after all your listing and your home. You can also do it yourself and learn new photography skills. 

Use Thumbtack and request a photographer to do an Airbnb reshoot and offer what you'd like to pay.  When we did, we had several photographers say they'd come for the price we offered, including the one who did it before.  We had plenty of offers for only a few hundred dollars offered.