Return guest, Can i send a special offer?

Steven65
Level 10
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Return guest, Can i send a special offer?

I have a return guest (3rd time). And as we trust each other and I appreciate the repeat business, I offer a discount. She has asked me to book her in again next year at our agreed price. Can i send her a special offer for a new booking? Alternative is to change the price on the dates requested and ask her to book it quickly. But then risk someone else will instant book the discount. 

6 Replies 6
Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Steven65 You can offer them a discount when they book  - I would NOT change price and risk it going quickly to someone else. Why not message they as you can do since they have stayed with you before and tell them you would like to offer them a discount and when they book go in an send the change with a discount/offer. hope this is helpful somehow. happy hosting, Clara

Steven65
Level 10

Hi Clara. Yes, that would work. Basically ask her to book at full price, then send a special offer. But it would be better, in my view, to send a special offer up front. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Steven65

Hi Steven, I have this situation come up frequently and the best way to achieve this is....

Ask the guest to hit the contact host field on your profile page! They will be prompted to put in dates they would like to stay.

This is not a reservation request Steven, it is simply an inquiry but, what it does, it opens up a pricing box on the left of the existing message stream you have with this guest which, at present, remains blank because their previous stay has ended. Under that new pricing box you will see a field that says 'Send Special Offer'. So, at this point they have not booked, they have simply made an inquiry for specific dates. Hit that send special offer field and this screenshot of mine which will perhaps explain it better will appear Steven.......

Special Offer 7b.png

By scrolling the up/down arrows you will be able see not only the price the guest will pay but what you will receive and the Airbnb service fees.

When you are happy with the offer, hit the 'Send Special Offer' red feild, and that is all you have to do. As soon as the guest receives that offer, they accept, and Steven, it will be set in stone.

I hope this helps mate,

Cheers......Rob 

Steven65
Level 10

Hi Rob. Thank you for this very comprehensive answer. That is exactly what i will do! Steve

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Steven65

Mate, that is what we are here for....... to help each other. You are a great host, hundreds of reviews from guests who just love you. If somehow, I and others here can make you even better....great, that makes us all feel good.

All the best Steve!

Cheers......Rob

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Such a lovely comment @Robin4

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.