Review question confusion by guests - huge problem

Jan99
Level 1
Sarasota, FL

Review question confusion by guests - huge problem

My guests are putting a lot of information in the "private" review boxes that should be put in the "public" box. As a result, my potential guests are not seeing it. I'd say about 40 percent of my guests make this mistake.

I have to send each a note explaining this because so many are making this error that it is affecting the amount of information potential guests have access to when reading my reviews if I don't.

Airbnb needs to make this clearer on the review site or I will have to continue to explain that airbnb is not making this clear, and make guests aware that only the stuff they write in the first box, or to the first question, is going to be seen by the public.

Please, airbnb, make this clearer to the guests, and understand that they are doing hosts a favor by taking the time to fill this out, so they don't always take the time to read the questions close enough to see which is private and which is public.

Specifically, in the first box, they are pretty much telling people about whether or not they liked me as a host. But the information they put in the second box about what they liked about my place is private - this is where they talk about the location, cleanliness, the room, safety, etc. and this info needs to be PUBLIC, but the guests are posting the good stuff in a private box.

The review questions need to be rewritten, or explained better as to what info goes in which box and that there is only one PUBLIC comments box.

Jan

3 Replies 3
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Can't say I experience the same.  The information left in the Private Feedback section is generally just thank you's for a nice stay, etc.

@Jan99   You might, (although speak to Airbnb first as you are referring to comments made pivately so there might be a conflict), copy and paste it in its entirety in the response section of their public review with a thank you note. Not sure making it clearer is going to help as many people just do not read however big and bold the words are.

City-Limits-Ranch0
Level 10
Watsonville, CA

You can always cut and paste information into your reply.

Guest publically says "Host was great.'

Privately guest says "we absolutely loved the central location and the bed was sooo comfortable, like sleeping on a cloud."

You reply ""We were delighted to host your group.  It's great that you enjoyed our central location and that you thought the bed was sooo comfortable, like sleeping on a cloud.  Thanks so much for the kind words!"

Personally I wouldn't bother, I'd just be happy they didn't say anything too negative.