Reviews not available for prospective Guests: URGENT

John87
Level 2
Hong Kong

Reviews not available for prospective Guests: URGENT

Anyone who can help!

I find Reviews are not available for the last few new applicants in my INBox;  even if they appear to have a longish record (joined 2015, 2016).  Older records still allow me to see their Reviews, when I click on their Profile picture.  Is this an error or a policy change I've missed? Do I have to go elsewhere in the menu to find them?

I'm a Superhost, but have in the last few months switched to longer term bookings (at least 1 month).  I'm not doing Instant Book and don't intend to use it. 

Grateful for the answer;  thanks in advance.  Regards,

John

2 Replies 2
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@John87

As far as I can tell, it has to do with not having Instant Book activated.  

@John87@Marit-Anne0 having Instant Book on or off does not affect your ability to read the reviews of a Guest. You can always read the reviews of a guest (if they have any).

Having Instant Book on does *add* the ability to see the Star Ratings of a guest. When that ability was added, nothing was taken away from the hosts without Instant Book.

If you cannot see any reviews for a guest, then the guest does not have any reviews (despite the age of the account).

You can test if you can read reviews (even with Instant Book off) by just clicking on the profiles of random people in these discussion rooms. You will be able to read any reviews they have, even if you have no connection to them at all.

The most recent guests having no reviews may just be a strange coincidence. There is no way to set up your account that hides reviews from you.