Reviews that get personal

Scotia0
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

Reviews that get personal

So I have been an Air BNB host for several years as well as a guest.

I had a lady stay with me last week who seemed nice enough until she chekced out and then a few days later left this reveiw, which is copied below along with my response. Let me set the scene I rent out the sofa bed in my lounge I get up at 6 am to walk my dog then go to work, when I get home I either walk the dog or gym or both then eat and go to bed. No other guest has had a probelem with this and I haven't had any bad reviews until now. I just feel this is a bit personal and that she hasn't taken into account that she is staying my flat while I have to carry on with business as usual and has blatently said she doesn't really like english people! I in no way ignored this woman, she was trying to adopt a dog from a rescue to take back to Denmark but needed to board it for 3 weeks while it had vaccinations etc, I was contacting all the dog people I knew seeing if they could help 

21 Replies 21

Scotia its a crazy annoying situation and you don't deserve this. Who wakes up early mornings and chat like a bunch of birds..........!!! whats wrong with peace and quiet, tip toeing not wanting to disturb others on their way to work! ??!!? perhaps wave a small hi next time incase...!

Freddy17
Level 2
Horsens, Denmark

Hello Scotia

Of coarse you were quite right to comment this personally attack to you. I can imaging you were rather surpriced when you first saw it, as it evidently is a misleading rating. Then I think you got exited and angry.

I think it is dificult to leave a short comment when you feel injustice.

It would be nice if Airbnb had a rating list for guests as well as for hosts 🙂

Kind regards

Freddy (Denmark)

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your guest experience.
I love feedback whether it is positive or negative. I especially like feedback like this so others can see the “entitled” guests I sometimes have to deal with.

There is a large element of trust in being an air bnb host and I feel that trust has been eroded by a guest who does not care about my own personal requirements for privacy and peace after a long working day, and chooses to focus entirely on their own personal needs.

Yes.....it’s my home, not some hotel or large corporation,  that have personnel on call 24/7 to cater for all of your requirements.

In fact it is the home of a professional working person, a woman in her third decade, with a busy schedule who was always polite, friendly and accommodating, as is the norm.

I appreciate any guest who chooses to spend their money in my family home until they act like like this.

You can pen whatever review you wish and I won’t lose a second of sleep over it.
The only thing I have lost this season, is trust in the “ entitled” guests that seem to be increasingly using the air bnb platform for a cheap deal, rather than being genuinely part of the sharing economy.

Andreas-and-Anna0
Level 10
West Vancouver, Canada

its not older people who may not have smart phones. But someone who cant get data in another country or phone  is locked etc

@Andreas-and-Anna0  I'm glad you point this out. I've had guests arrive where we've arranged for them to call me when they clear customs and immigration at the airport, so I have a heads-up on their arrival time, and I can pick them up an hour later at the local bus stop. But even though they set it up with their provider to be able to use their phone while in Mexico, it, in fact, didn't work.

When I first joined Airbnb, I called to find out how to attach a map to an airbn message, which I found out isn't possible. The support person I wasted 45 minutes on the phone with couldn't get it through his head that even if a guest could locate my place with GPS (which they can't), not all of them will have a phone with them on which they can even access data and GPS. He kept insisting that all they needed were my GPS co-ordinates, as if I even know that myself.

This is why I don't understand those hosts who say they send the check-in info to guests a few hours before their arrival. I'd want that info long before that if I was arriving in a place that was unfamiliar to me. Those who are accustommed to fast, easy, reliable communications systems need to wrap their heads around the fact that that is simply not the case for everyone everywhere.

@Sarah977

I have asked people to call me from Pay Phone at the airport! that will work!

You can only use the pay phones here by going to a store and purchasing a special pay phone card or charging it to your credit card, which costs a small fortune. So no, it won't work here.