Reviews

Reviews

I have only been hosting on airbnb since November 2016.  I seem to be having trouble getting some travelers to actually send a review even though they seem very pleased with their stay.  Does anyone else have this problem and is this normal?  Are there any suggestions as to how to get people to send a review?  I have messaged them and asked if they would please do a review so we know how we can improve if needed but to no avail!  I feel like the reviews are quite important to get people to book our place and need help getting them done!  

Thanks for any suggestions.

5 Replies 5
Scott80
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

Yeah my review rate is 67% Messaging them once to remind them to review is fine, but IMHO repeated bugging about it can backfire. Here is a thread that you might find interesting:  https://community.airbnb.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/listing-and-reservations/thread-...

Oh I agree about the bugging, I would never do that.  I have only messaged one time ever!  I just wondered if it was random that it was its or if it just happens.  Kind of a bummer!  

Oh and thanks for replying!  🙂

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Bob-And-Mari0  Not sure where you're from, but some cultures are less inclined to review than others.  We usually review the guest right away, which automatically sends them an email letting them know the host has reviewed and if they'd like to see our review, they need to write one of their own.  If they still haven't written one after a week, we will usually message them with a copy of our review (if it's positive, of course) and ask them if they'd return the favor of writing a review.  We emphasize the fact that reviews are often the #1 reason future guest will book our listing.  But even with all that - some guests still just don't review.

We are from Colorado!  Good idea on sending a copy of my review to them.  I also do their review the same day as they have check out.  It seems like when I first started doing Airbnb, they would put a reminder on my page  after a few days for me to remind (nudge) my guests to send a review but I haven't been having that come up lately.  I have doing exactly what you are doing so  that makes me feel better.  I don't want to nag but it would be so nice if they would send a review.  Being more of a newbie, we could really use the reviews! Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out!