Seasonal pricing.

Jill-and-John0
Level 2
California, United States

Seasonal pricing.

I have brought this up before, but I still can figure out how to set up seasonal pricing, for fall and winter and spring and summer.  I want to set my rates higher in the spring summer and lower in the fall winter.  Any idea's?

Thanks,

Jill

10 Replies 10

Use Smart Pricing - it should help you achieve this without difficulty - it's what it's made to do.  

Otherwise, go into your calendar and manually set the prices you want for the different seasons and set your calendar to only take reservations as far into the future that you can manually manipulate the "seasons" you want.  

I also have a problem with AriBNB smart pricing. The problem with smart pricing is it assumes i am in the northern hemisphere - hence the southern hemisphere summer months have lower prices than the winter months. I live is a summer holiday hot spot and prices can often double during summer.

I like the idea of smart pricing as it has the potential to save  lot of time but the summer / winter issue would need to be fixed. 

This is way too time consuming.  There should be an easier way like what VRBO does.

I still don't get it!  VRBO just lets you set seasonal pricing!  I've been at this forever and cannot figure it out!  How can I set my summer pricing higher while we're still in April?  I have people booking for next week AND July!  This is ridiculous. 

Sonia_Michael0
Level 3
Nanaimo, Canada

Hi @Jill-and-John0,

Have you checked under "Availability Settings" on the Calendar portion of your listing?  Near the bottom of the page (you may have to scroll down) in small print is says "Add a requirement for seasons or weekends". I believe this may be what you've been searching for!  

Cheers,

Sonia

Hi @Jill-and-John0,

Ah, sorry. I just realized the advice I gave was only for customizing the minimum length of a stay during a certain season (or on weekends) and not to customize the price. I've also searched for that function myself and keep thinking I've found it when stumbling across those options. For our listing we've simply created our own version of "seasonal" pricing (where low season is the base price) by selecting multiple dates and changing the price manually.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Sonia

Will someone (all of you that is) call Airbnb and beg them to start letting us do seasonal rates!

also - list your high times here for all of us

here in SF Bay areas / from April til

November we are in high times. 

Steve 
I am with you on this: Here's why 

We have set the calendar with a base price for the low seasons and than behind that is additional guest charge after 4 guests.

During summer seasons the rates all (local competition) change to a flat rate for the week irrepective of the number of guests. If we can not do this we find that for a small group ( 4 person) we are missing out on income and are too cheap but for a larger group we become too expensive - so go figure.

I am making the flat rat comparison with other letting platform - so Airbnb can see that there pricing model is not meeting market requirements.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Jill & John

Airbnb should adopt a method of inflating prices by percentages.

The calendar comprises Seasons, Months, Weeks, Days, Weekends, Events.

The requirement for prices based on the calendar alter considerable depending on hemisphere and country.

I suggest that Airbnb develop a pricing matrix or grid incorporating the above where one adjust one's base price by a percentage rather than an actual price.

4 seasons:

Winter price 100, Spring 100 X 110%, Summer 100 X 125% Autumn 100

12 months:

July 100 X 150% this takes precedent

52/53 weeks:

week 10 100 * 120% this takes precedent

365 days:

Day 90, 100 * 170% this takes precedent

52 weekends:

weekend 15, 100 X 120% this takes precedent

The more a Host is committed to extracting value from ones listings the more dimension one can add to one’s pricing matrix or grid.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer’s Club Krakow III

The Explorer’s Club Krakow VIII

@Cormac0

I like your idea - good apprach - what Airbnb need to realies that many owners across the world use other platforms s- some local ones - so local market condition come into place.

Being flexible is the key so having a pricing model which is more flexible than the current one is critical.

Airbnb apporach to pricing is a either or model rather than an And Or model as with te competition.

Seasonal pricing is just that a price which applies for particular period and has with it conditions unigue for the period - we can not do that at present with airbnb.

My consideration are being able to set a price for a period which overides the default variables so as not have to go back change the rest of the year each time due to its balnked approach.

Keep shouting and we hope they will hear us on this issue