See apartment before book

Answered!
Duje0
Level 2
Split, Croatia

See apartment before book

Hello everyone.

Few hours ago I got messege from one person

" Hello Duje, we are searching for an Apartment in Split from 2017-05-30 until 2017-06-10. We are currently here until tomorrow morning - would it be possible to see your place this afternoon? "

As you can see he is currently in my town, and wont to see my apartment for maybe  booking.

I didn't answer him yet.

Question is should I show him apartment ( personally I think that my pictures show everything that guest need to see in apartment).

What should i answer to him.

If I'm right Airbnb dosen't reccoment showing place before booking.

Lf for advices.

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Duje0,

Yes, the guest should see all the information form your photos and reading the description.

Airbnb does not give your address or phone number to a guest until the guest has booked and paid.

This is to keep you safe from people who may want to see if you live there or if they can break in easily and steal things.

For this reason, Airbnb recommends that you do not show your place to someone before they have a confirmed booking.

They wouldn't be allowed to see a hotel roombefore booking it.

They may be OK but even if they did book and some problem happened Airbnb probably would not support you as you'd have broken one of their rules.

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Duje0,

Yes, the guest should see all the information form your photos and reading the description.

Airbnb does not give your address or phone number to a guest until the guest has booked and paid.

This is to keep you safe from people who may want to see if you live there or if they can break in easily and steal things.

For this reason, Airbnb recommends that you do not show your place to someone before they have a confirmed booking.

They wouldn't be allowed to see a hotel roombefore booking it.

They may be OK but even if they did book and some problem happened Airbnb probably would not support you as you'd have broken one of their rules.

Steve.

Hello @Steve143.

I know that Airbnb dosent reccomend showing place before booking is done , becouse safety reaseon As you mention.

Thank you for you help , i didn't decide what i will do.

Have a nice day.

Many thanks Steve, you have solved my dilemma.

I am a new host, (since January 2017), and I received an e-mail from a tourist to my area asking that they can see my cottage as they would like to book it for 2 months next year. The picture of the potential guest is an elderly individual. Innocently I was taken unawares and said of course and said come by on Friday at 10h00 and I gave my address hoping to get a nice booking. Silly of me. Airbnb have their policies and they must be adhered to. I would rather loose the booking as there will be others wanting to book at that time over the peak season.

I have just told the potential guest that I must cancel theviewing but would offer a discount for any dissapointment I may have caused, and that they must use the standard procedures for booking with Airbnb.

Kind regards

Anton