Selling Extras to Guests?

Susan144
Level 1
Traverse City, MI

Selling Extras to Guests?

I am a brand new host...Yay!! 

I have a question about offering guests food and beverage packages of local "stuff". I was wonderting if I can put local baskets together and sell them to guests? Any info?

20 Replies 20
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Interesting @MariaLuiza4 

I wouldn't want one of these in my listing as it wouldn't suit the look and feel for my listing and I live within a two minute walk of a huge range of shops.

Good luck do post a photo when it's done.

Me too actually. This is just something I had in mind to make a few extra bucks. I have a nice sort of amenities that are included in the price. But I keep thinking, depending on when the guests arrive, it would be nice to have something extra so they can buy from their rental (say it's the middle of the night) and make use of it ASAP. This is still just a thought, but if I make it, I'll post it here for sure. 🙂

Roberto1562
Level 1
Phoenix, AZ

I have given a lot of thought to the idea too. I make art and wanted to sell.

I have seen an iPads, with an art gallery that are selling on-site with a device to swipe their card and take it with you.

Of course, this is outside of Airbnb, I have asked.

Would love to know what app that was for. It's a dream to offer additional experiences and gifts for my guests.

Virginia629
Level 1
Heroica Veracruz, Mexico

What additional services can I sell to make money on Airbnb?

1. Airport pickup/dropoff
  2. Extra cleaning
  3. Decorate for a special occasion
  4. Special equipment rental
  5. Guided tours
  6. Concierge services

What products can I sell to make money on Airbnb?

1. Souvenirs
  2. Art work
  3. Food and drinks

@Susan144 I've been sharing by bnb knolwdge on a blog, hope you find it useful: https://bit.ly/SellAirbnb

We provide several goodies- homemade and prepackaged to guests depending on the season- mulled cider, iced coffee, granola bars, etc. We’ve gotten such excellent reviews with so many people returning that we decided to make branded mugs. So we’ll continue to provide free foods, but we’re planning to sell the mugs (as well as give them away to guests for birthdays etc). I’m just trying to sort out the easiest way for guests to do it and how much to charge. Maybe the money request? Venmo?