Sending message after stay and airbnb email account has expired

Gal-And-Mayer0
Level 1
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

Sending message after stay and airbnb email account has expired

Hopefully someone can help me with this issue. I'm an host on Airbnb and I'm saving the reply to email address from confirmed reservation emails on my calendar so later on I can automatically send a welcome email a few days prior to the guest arrival.

But when I send an email to this email address I get a response from Airbnb saying "Your reply could not be delivered" the email address has expired.

The email I used is in the format of: 23xabkt39l8s0bjfrmek71n4mxp0@reply.airbnb.com

It was generated about a month ago when the reservation was completed. How can I overcome this issue?

Thanks,
Gal

4 Replies 4

Technically, this email is actually from Airbnb, not the guest.  They get the details from the guest and then email it to you - like the game telephone.  The same is true when you use the contact via text service on the site.  You are texting Airbnb and they are texting the guest.  If you want a direct email, you need to ask the guest for it. 

From a privacy and security concern, you shouldn't expose your email address directly to the guests.  So by working outside the Airbnb email system, you are exposing yourself a bit.  Also, if the guest responds via email, it is not captured in the Airbnb system should an issue ever arise.  That's why it's very important to use their systems to contact the guests. 

Did you know you can set up a standard message within the Airbnb platform and save it to send to each guest? This is a very convenient feature.  

So, how do go about setting uo a standard message within the Airbnb platform?

Thanks,

Chiedu

Thank you for the answer.

Yes I understand this is an anonymized email address used so that host and guests can communicate via their own email system instead of Airbnb and yes those messages does get recorded in the airbnb messaging system as described here:

http://blog.airbnb.com/introducing-anonymized-email-addresses-airbnb/

My only question was how much time is stays valid until it expires and if there is anything I can do to postpone the expiration date so that I can schedule an automated future email to the guest with all the information needed to be sent a few days before his arrival.

(I know I can used saved messages, but I want to automate this process as well)

Does the anonymous email last as long as the reservation is active?