Service fee too high

Service fee too high

I just noticed it today, but is Airbnb charging a higher service fee on top of our given rates? It shoots up to 30% more...indeed too high from the usual charge, please if anyone also experienced the same thing? Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

8 Replies 8
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Tommy7 Can you give an example? More details, please!

This is just one example. I will receive GBP 3,301 whereas guest pays GBP5,319. Thats 30% on top of my rate? I dont mind airbnb earning money due to an excellent service but I am afraid guest wont book due to such high rates? 

Listing
THE ELEMENTS!*CEO*ZEN*deLUXE*DESIGN

Date
Apr 20-26
Guests
Your guest will pay
£5,319
You will earn
£3,301

Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

Yes, as @Clare0 said, you really need to provide more specifics.

Both of your listings show fairly high cleaning fees, and one of them shows a stunningly high $400+ cleaning fee. Are you sure you're not overlooking the fact that the cleaning fee is included/averaged across the guest's charge?

Your guest will pay
£5,319
You will earn
£3,301

This is stated in the message thread when I sent a special offer 

@Tommy7 That does sound off.  Didn't Airbnb provide you more detail in the fees, etc. you will be charged?  Is there a Vat, hotel tax in your area?  Cleaning fee?  Currency conversion fee?  All those things can inflate the cost of a reservation significantly.  If it still doesn't make sense to you, contact Airbnb.  Here's how: 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165/highligh...

I would be very interested to know the answer to this for future reference!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Tommy7,

This does sound like it needs looking in to, as @Clare0 has suggested I would recommend contacted Airbnb Support directly about this and the link Clare included to the Community Help Guide, offers a number of different ways to reach the team. They will be able to look into it for you and put your mind at rest. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Tommy7 Well, I just did a pretend booking: put in some random weekend dates in July just to see what the additional fees were involved.  I only saw the cleaning fee and Aibnb's service fee which looked like it was in the normal range.  I would advise taking a screen shot of what you are seeing and sending it to @airbnbhelp on twitter.   Perhaps Airbnb can look into your account and see what's going on. 

Let us know what you find out!

Kate47
Level 2
Sanlúcar de Barrameda, ES

I had a guest tell me the same thing! She's being charged 100 euro fee on a reservation that is 300 euros! Ridiculous!

Prices and fees seem to have increased immensly...look at this one; I don't think this host actually expects someone to pay over 10k...but either way that Airbnb service fee is higher than 3%

Conversation_with_Rosa_-_Airbnb.png