Set minimum number of guests at weekends?

Tom-and-Alice0
Level 1
Brighton, United Kingdom

Set minimum number of guests at weekends?

Hi there, 

Does anyone know if it's possible to set a minimum number of guests who can book a room at weekends?

We have a double room that we are happy to rent to single travellers in the week for a base price of £35 with the option of a £15 extra guest add on if a couple do want to book in the week.

However, as demand is higher at weekends, we could usually get a couple in, and therefore get our maximum price, so don't want single-traveller bookings.

Therefore, at the weekends can we either set a minimum number of guests, or change the format of baseline price + extra guest fee, and just make it the price of £45 for the room on Fri & Sat nights?

Does that make any sense, and does anyone have any suggestions of help!?

Thanks,

Alice

4 Replies 4
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

If you're more interested in the nightly fee on weekends, then actually having more people there, my suggestion would be to simply set a weekend rate that was higher than the weekday rate.

Hi Ed,

Yes, I thought of that, but how can I keep it as a fair price at weekends for a couple booking (ie. £45), when I am still limited to the format of charging a baseline price + price for extra guest. I don't seem to be able to remove the 'extra guest option' for weekends and just have it as a room rate, yet without doing this, if I upped the 'price of the room',  there would still be the 'extra guest charge' which would make the room overpriced.

Does that make any sense!? Quite a complicated thing to explain!

Thanks,

Alice

Hey Tom and Alice ! Another idea would be to eliminate the charge for extra guests, set up a weekend price of 45 , like @Ed-and-Hugh0 adviced you, and give a weekly discount to encorage bookings from solo travelers during the week, or  you can also set up a different weekly charge that will make sense for you, but still eliminating the extra guest charge.

Ed200
Level 1
Nutbourne, United Kingdom

Hi Alice,

Have you found a solution since your post. I have just started hosting a 3 bed cottage and I have hust the same problem. I have a lot of weekend bookings but few during the week, so I want to reduce the price for fewer guests during the week without changing my weekend pricing.

Many thanks,

Ed