Shared Home, with Air Beds

William-and-Mary0
Level 2
Belfast, United Kingdom

Shared Home, with Air Beds

I was bemused by Brian Cheskey recaling how AirBnB started out 10 years ago by him sharing a large apartment by putting up temporary Air Beds.

So why is there no option to offer an AirBed? 

I do have several and often use them when a guest wants to add a bed for one reason or another (child, mother, or to squeeze in an additional wedding guest...)

Our house is our home, we live here in one of 5 large double bedrooms so we have plenty of space to share. But I cannot list this without real difficulties.

1. Private or shared room does not allow me to offer 4 or 5 bedrooms

2. Entire Place does not allow me to live here.

I can list private or shared rooms, so why not Private Entire Place or Shared Home?

We have hosted goups who enjoy the private courtyard with wood oven, sunny gardens, conservatory kitchen, walk in wetrooms, private ensuites... none of which can be offered as a private room. These are exclusive to the guests as far as possible, but, we do live in one of the rooms. 

I am not a business, I decline more than half of guest enquiries. These are often from groups of men or women who intend drinking and staying up late in our quiet neighborhood, or families who want to stay in daytimes or host their local relatives during the stay.

I clearly state these things in the house rules of course, but people do not read more than the first line of the summary, if at all.

Occasionally, not often, the guests turn up not expecting us to be here, even though I have been careful to insist on dialogue before booking.

So, Please change the listing options to allow me to offer shared Home, more than one private room with or without private ensuite, plus extra beds to accommodate the needs of guests.

0 Replies 0