Should I provide a wash cloth or shower puff/loofah?

Euan3
Level 2
Hamilton, Canada

Should I provide a wash cloth or shower puff/loofah?

I provide a big bottle of body wash. Should I provide a laundered wash cloth or new puff/loofah with it for each guest?

8 Replies 8
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

It depends if your budget allows for that, @Euan3. I do not offer anything but towels and shampoo/shower gel.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Kat17
Level 10
Boston, MA

Every guest of mine gets a wash cloth, hand towel, and bath towel. I don’t think I’d want to use a used shower puff, would you? Dead skin cells, etc...yuck!  I also put out a fresh (packaged) bar of soap for every new arrival. I get the Yardley 8-pack at Sam’s Club. It’s a nice touch. Leftover soap gets “washed” in hot water and used for hand soaps by us. 

I agree @Kat17, I also wouldn't want to use a used shower puff. That's why I said "new shower puff".

Do you wash your wash cloth between guests or provide brand new ones?

@Euan3 Sorry. I missed the “new” shower puffs. Well, in that case, go for it as long as the tag is still on to indicate that it’s unused. Is that cheaper than a bar of soap? Just wondering. 

Yes, I wash all towels and linens after every guest...including ones I’m not sure are untouched. Blankets, too. 

Marie21
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

No i dont provide it either 

but hand towels/towels /shampoo conditionner /shower gels i think that enough 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Euan3

new shower puffs for every guest , every few days? Hm... wash cloths are more enviromentaly friendly

Euan3
Level 2
Hamilton, Canada

Thanks for your input everyone. I'm going with wash cloths!

Sue-and-Andrew0
Level 4
Johannesburg, South Africa

We thought we were doing the right thing by offering a wash cloth - and got hammered by a guest because there were two guests and only one wash cloth!  She also strongly suggested that (for her 2 night stay) we provide a full second set of towels and linen.  So I guess my point is that the list of what to add can be never-ending...