Split a receipt into 2 for a guest? Half her trip is business half is pleasure.

Split a receipt into 2 for a guest? Half her trip is business half is pleasure.

I currently have a first time airbnb guest that needs to be able to get two separate receipts for her stay. She is currently with me so it seems too late to cancel the reservation and start again and we would both incur load and loads of fees. Any idea how I can help her out? 

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

The obvious solution would be to submit the invoice she has and fior her to mark that only half applied for expenses.

Nothing you can do.

David

@Deborah282

I'm not sure why the guest thinks the host can help. Payment is handled by Airbnb. Hosts don't issue reciepts, Airbnb does.

Whenever I added a couple personal days onto work travel, I'd either make sure they allow split payments OR I'd check with the accounting dept. to make sure the rules allow for the company to issue a partial reimbursement of the reciept (for nights that are within the business trip period). Or I'd just get a totally separate reservation at a different (budget) hotel. LOL!

I'm not sure if things have changed, but when I first asked about it, the hotel said if I use one credit card and make one payment I can only get one reciept. They did let me break down the payment into 2 credit cards though, even with a single reservation. IMO, this isn't about being a 1st time Airbnb user - just common sense regarding how payments and reciepts work. The guest should have thought of this BEFORE coming on the trip.