St. Louis Missouri Hosts Meetup?

Lynne4
Level 2
St. Louis, MO

St. Louis Missouri Hosts Meetup?

Hi - My city is not listed in the dropdown, yet there are many hosts here.  I am interested in particular in meeting other hosts in my neighborhood (St. Louis, Missouri - the Central West End) for support, etc. 

How does one go about getting that started or creating a meetup?  If anyone in St. Louis city is reading this, I'd love to meet with you too -but most specifically I have some neighborhood related questions and interests.

I can't even seem to post a question (or have done it several times) because every time I post it wipes my category and tells me to select one.  (I've tried lots!!)

Thank you!!

Lynne

29 Replies 29

St Louis City will be having town hall meetings on Airbnb hosting.

Search "town hall" for all details, but here are the dates/locations:

24-MAR-2018 10am - noon - St Mary Magdalen School - 4924 Bancroft (@ Kingshighway)

4-APR-2018 6:30 to 8:30 PM at the Schlafly Branch of the St Louis Public Library (225 N Euclid). 

Hope you are still hosting and can attend a meeting.

Hi Sandie, I am a new Host in North City, and would like to network and attend meetings with other Host in the surrounding area. My listing is Urban Comfort. I would certainly be interested in networking and sharing Host experiences. Thanks

We are just beginning the airbnb hosting adventure. We would love to be in on any meetings going on in th St. Louis area. We live in South County and have several questions. Appreciate any help! Thanks! Jim and Lauren

Michael1191
Level 1
St. Louis, MO

Hello Everyone,

I live in Maryland Heights and been hosting for the past 2 months. I have so many questions regarding taxes and how it is being collected. In my case, the taxes are automatically deducted before payout (usually about 31% of my earnings from each stay) just wanted to find out if its common practice. Also, would also like to meet up with other hosts to get some pointers on ways to maximize the airbnb experience.

Thank you.

Hi Michael, 

Are you sure it isn't 3%?  AirBnb collects 3% of your earnings as their fee.  I have not been required to collect room taxes as far as I know and I haven't remitted anything in 3 years.   AirBnb wouldn't be collecting the room tax,  you would be, and then you have to remit it on your income tax returns.  I could be wrong about this so I'm going to check into the local ordinances here again; my unit is in the City of St Louis.  

I was in the city hall not too long ago and there is nothing in place for AirB&B. I was the first person to ask about it. 

We are also very interested in learning how taxes in MO work. We would be very interested in a meetup as well. Id say someone provide a date and lets get the 1st STL Host meeting started. 

Thank you,

Mark 

314.     568.     7.   6. 3. 7

Hey Mark, I am a new Host with Airbnb, I was thinking the same thing. I notice most of these dates are from 2017, have you had the opportunity to make recent contact or find a Host group meeting? If not perhaps we can get one started. Let me know thanks I am located in North City, Urban Comfort.

Hi Sandie,

I would like to know do we need to pay tax for airbnb income (St.Louis)? i am new to airbnb just started few months back, If so how can i collect tax amount(what % need to collect) from guests? i appreciate your reply.Thanks

Chandra

Hi Michael

I am a new Host in St Louis North City. I would like to network and attend Host meetings also. It appears everyone on this list is from 2017? Have you joined any current Host or attended any meetings? Please let me know thanks

Molly94
Level 1
St. Louis, MO

Hi everyone!!!

My husband and I own JZ Vacation Rentals, we are a professional management company! We have a software that allows us to be on every vacation rental website and take pride in providing a 5 star experience to all of our guests! We would love to chat with anyone who is wanting management support and also possibly wanting to own more vacation rentals, as we do turn key vacation rentals. You can email me at molly@jzvacationrentals.com

Look forward to hearing from you!

Molly

Hey Molly, thanks for the info. That software sounds really interesting. Would like to network with u2. I am interested in expanding. 

Carol407
Level 4
St. Louis, MO

St Louis City will be having town hall meetings on Airbnb hosting.

Search "town hall" for all details, but here are the dates/locations:

24-MAR-2018 10am - noon - St Mary Magdalen School - 4924 Bancroft (@ Kingshighway)

4-APR-2018 6:30 to 8:30 PM at the Schlafly Branch of the St Louis Public Library (225 N Euclid). 

Hi Carol,

I am sure sad I missed those meeting dates. I just began in August, I list under Urban Comfort. located in North City. I would love to network with you for the updates. Do you know of any current meetings that will be taking place in the near future for Oct, Nov or Dec. 2018 Thanks

Hi Carol, my name is Karen.  I run our homeh with AIRBNB in Millstadt, IL.  We live in the country with a huge house.  We receive visitors from all over the world and really enjoy it.  I don't have a local group and wanted to know if the meetings are intended for the metro area as well.