Standard emoji in correspondence

Stephanie118
Level 4
Stillwater, OK

Standard emoji in correspondence

Anybody know if/when Airbnb will finally support basic emoji in correspondence? Just getting tired of <?> <?> garble characters in the main communication thread (via Airbnb app, therefore sync'd web and app, nice and central), when a guest replies with emoji.

Everybody uses emoji now. It's no surprise guests would reply to me with them, and sure, I'd like to know "how they're feeling" by seeing these basic things, but still the Airbnb app/site doesn't support them. 

Have waited quite awhile so I'm just wondering if anybody's heard.

16 Replies 16
Kelly1188
Level 1
Ballston Spa, NY

I totally support this idea, dale! I just googled the issue and found this post - as I’m currently corresponding via the app and having emoji confusion (insert laughing emoji) 

Dale622
Level 2
St. George, UT

Further info on emojis in canned messages....

BE CAREFUL! 

If you save an unsupported emoji to a canned message, all text after the unsupported emoji is DELETED. It seems to corrupt the canned message.

SUGGESTION: I always keep a backup of all my canned messages in one giant Google doc. I've been burned. If you want to experiment with emojis, make sure your messages are backed up. (Always a good idea regardless.) Try adding an emoji to your canned message. Save it. Close it. And then reopen it. If the emoji is still there, it's supported. If the emoji is gone (along with any text after it), the emoji is not supported. 

FINAL NOTE: All emojis appear to work in canned message titles (which guests do not see). I use emojis in my canned message title to make them very quickly identifiable to myself. My restaurant recommendations message has a food emoji in the title. My nail salon recommendation message has the manicure emoji in the title. My massage salon message has a "hands" emoji in the title. Again, guests don't see these. But it helps me navigate my large list of canned messages quickly. 

Emojis in canned message *TITLES*Emojis in canned message *TITLES*