Stat views once again not working!

Barbara56
Level 2
Quincy, CA

Stat views once again not working!

Hi everyone, anyone else having the same problem as we had during the begining of April:  My views are, once again, not updating. Sigh.  So I'm just wondering if others are experiencing it again.  Anyone?  It's only been 5 days but if they don't update tonight it will be 6 days, which is twice what airbnb says the maximum time will be, ie. 3 days.  So, twice what it's supposed to be seems significant.  I would appreciate any input from other hosts:  Is it happening to you, too?

27 Replies 27
Brandon1
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

I called Airbnb and they said the feature to view stats by search date has been removed from the site.  With no explanation.

What? Airbnb just removed the STATS "Search by Date" FULL STOP? It's NOT coming back? WHY would they do that? It was a wonderful feature...this makes no sense at all.

According to Airbnb, there was a problem with this stats, something was not functioning properly, there've been mistakes atc. i miss this feature terribly!

Erik3
Level 2
Nosara, Costa Rica

Airbnb is dropping the ball on my listings' view statistics. Ever since I posted this topic, nothing positive has happened. Many stat features (if not all of the ones I frequently used) are gone. One earlier poster (but not airbnb Tech Support) wrote that it's "FULL STOP". Interesting. They relay some news through other verbal communications but not through formal announcement or notification where all of us could learn about it.

I've been looking at the Stats page every day lately across multiple browsers. For sure, no improvements. For my USA property we are now approaching high season. For the one in Costa Rica we're coming up on low season. I know that from memory--not from the airbnb stats page. It is now much more difficult to learn about how potential guests are viewing my properties and other people's properties in my local markets now that the performance stats have been removed.

Airbnb Techies: Please recall and improve the stats page!  It was very useful and we need it back as soon as possible. It is a big loss to live without the quantitative performance measurment information that was previously available to us!

Thanks,

-Erik

Julie104
Level 3
Christchurch, New Zealand

I reported this on facebook on 4th may and was given the usual, use Google Chrome & clear cache, but as I have the same issue on 3 different PC's it is obviously not my issue! Repeated updates just tell me that development is looking into it.

i am listed on another site and am getting 2 enquiries per day, but absolutly none from AIRBNB, makes me wonder if that side is broken too?

What are the other sites you are listed with @Julie104? Or anyone else for that matter? I am so sick of Airbnb and their constant problems and lack of communication and help that I would love to list my place with a different site

Julie104
Level 3
Christchurch, New Zealand

I am from New Zealand and have mine listed on some local sites

Anna79
Level 2
Whistler, Canada

So rediculous all the money Airbnb is earning, yet they cannot fix any problems for months on end. Spend a little more money on your IT department Airbnb! 

If they are getting rid of the stats table, that's such a stupid decision. It was such a vital part for so many of us. I doubt anyone would have complained about it and asked for it to be gone! Also they need to inform their entire staff about changes like this, so we don't end up with many different responses from airbnb, therefore being left in the dark for literally months about issues. 

Everyone should leave feedback about it. Maybe if we can get enough people to complain about it they will bring it back/fix it:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

Elise-and-Frank0
Level 9
Arroyo Grande, CA

Losing this view option for Stats is a big deal, and if other hosts are as upset as me, please send Airbnb your feedback and ask for it back. Use this link:

Here's what I have sent Airbnb via Feedback:

BRING BACK STATS VIEWS! Please!

It has been really frustrating that Airbnb has taken away the ability for hosts to see how many times their listing is viewed compared to others in our area (that we know are truly comparable). This essential feature was vital for many reasons!

*This gave us, as hosts, the ability to see exactly what the area's demand is for any given day/weekend, but even more importantly...
*It told hosts how they measure up compared to others.
*This view let us see exactly how many times we were viewed compared to how many potential guests were viewing other listings in the area, so how much of the market are we capturing?
*If we aren't capturing many views, what do we need to change? Title, price, policies...???
*This information enabled us to strategize our pricing and terms to try to increase views, which leads to bookings.
* This feature helped us to schedule our own travel around the lowest demand times so that we don't miss out on the best opportunities for bookings.
*For a newbie like me, I could look back through the previous year and see which dates during holiday periods had the most travelers - is it Christmas week, or really the week before? Now, I don't know since Airbnb deleted this feature. Dang, I didn't make notes because I had no warning that it was going away...can't tell you how disappointed, frustrated, irritated... I am!

***What I know - my total number of requests and bookings significantly dropped when comparing only 3 weeks during April that we were live to 4 whole weeks of May, and this is timed with the approach of my area's peak season, so doesn't make sense. Yikes, what happened?
*Losing this feature is a HUGE loss!
*PLEASE, bring it back!
Elise
P.S. I've called several times, and can't get any answer as to was the loss of this feature planned or accidental and something that is being worked on fixing...no one at Customer service seems to have a clue. Again, more frustration.

Elise
Elise-and-Frank0
Level 9
Arroyo Grande, CA

Hearing it is not coming back.

Please send them your feedback so they know how important this is:

Elise
Lawre0
Level 1
Ghent, NY

I am in New York State, my stats have not updated in over a week. Very frustrating. How do I contact someone at Airbnb to help?

Thanks,

Lawre

Ronald5
Level 1
Atmore, AL

Mine is not working and this has happened several times. I can't see what is so hard about it except airbnb does not think the problem is important.

Juliet42
Level 2
Manteca, CA

I'm a superhost and my views on both my properties have dropped to zero for a whole week now. I get booked rarely now, its weird how the bookings have dropped drastically from October to November! I called airbnb, and their explanation was I still have few inquiries and bookings. I hope they take care of this issue soon, as I know for sure that the drop in bookings is a reflection of the views not updating. I don't know who to call and address this issue now!