Stolen Towels

Karen248
Level 1
Dallas, TX

Stolen Towels

I cannot find the used towels from my last guest.  Should I ask them about it?  Could they have stolen them?

5 Replies 5
Sora0
Level 7
Singapore

it depends on individual. Yes, you can ask them to verify. based on experience.... minor will admit and most will deny. In that case, it is up to your decision if to claim against the guests from the deposit within 48hours.

Deoni0
Level 2
Jeffreys Bay, South Africa

I am still finding my way on air b&b - if items are broken or stolen, where on the app/page to I go to contact air b&b to make a claim please, for future reference. I tried to look around now but can't seem to find any info. Thanks a million. Deoni

Steven47
Level 3
Northampton, United Kingdom

Hi, if you are sure they have been taken I would report it and claim. They paid to stay in your accommodation not to go shopping for towels
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Karen248, you could send a friendly note that says something like, "Could you let me know where you hung your towels? I know it sounds strange, but I cannot find them. Many thanks!" 

I know. It still comes off as passive-aggressive. I had a steel bowl disappear, and worded my "can't find the bowl" message over and over in my head, but never did ask. Just wrote it off, as it was very inexpensive and definitely replaceable. And maybe they didn't take it and it will turn up someplace I never thought to look. Hopefully, if/when your towels do turn up, they are not in a mildewed heap under the bed...

Peronel0
Level 2
Oxford, United Kingdom

how bizarre, exactly the same, new towels, no longer there..