Strange reservation

Elisabeth84
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Strange reservation

Yesterday I received a request by someone named Andrea. The request was immediately gone from airbnb but she said she could not be seen on airbnb because of her work. She said she works for BBC as a photographer. Which already seemed strange...

Her e-mail address was @bbc2.tv which isn't an official BBC address and she was asking something like: "What's up with this strange review of your place? [link]" and the link wasn't to the real Airbnb site but: airbnb.com-rooms.reviews-5102**.online (I've removed 2 numbers in the link and replaced them with ** so that no one will click it).

I'm certain that she's fishing for (bank)information or trying to install malware on my pc so I didn't follow the link but can I report her so that her Airbnb account can be closed? I don't have any information about her because the request isn't visible anymore on Airbnb. I just have a link to pre approve/decline her.

Kind regards,

Elisabeth

6 Replies 6
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

They want you to go there and log on and then they will hi-jack your account.

David
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

yes @David126 is right, have absolutely nothing to do with this, it is a scam of some sort.

Yeah but is there a place I can report this so that I can prevent "her" from scamming other people?

Ken28
Level 10
Newburgh, IN

How did you receive the link and email address?

I've never been able to get links to go through their message portal, and contact information isn't privided until they book.

Elisabeth84
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

She sent me an information request with the request to talk outside of Airbnb so I replied to her on her "work email address". After that she thanked me and sent the link.

Amy25
Level 2
New York, NY

Flag it via logging in from desktop. There's a little flag next to the message. I wasn't able to do it from my mobile app. 

I just received the message. First time I've had a phishing attempt. But I've heard about horror stories where they take your account and book places and then lock you out of your account. Be careful!