Strict cancellation policy, 4 days before arrival guests wants to alter reservation

Robin17
Level 1
St Julian's, Malta

Strict cancellation policy, 4 days before arrival guests wants to alter reservation

Hi all,

I have a guest that is supposed to arrive in a couple of days. I have a strict cancellation policy. 

Now she can't make it and needs to cancel.

I suggested she would cancel the reservation, and in case I get a booking, I would refund her her money. 

Now she says she wants to change it to another month. I think she could request an alteration, and then I have the risk of losing the money, if nobody books within the next couple of days. Then she is just moving her dates, but chances are that I won't be able to fill up my calendar on such short notice. 

I think it's really strange that guests can still alter their reservation with a strict cancellation policy just a couple of days before their arrival.

What do I do now? 

Thanks

1 Reply 1
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Robin17 You can accept or decline the alteration request.  Don't accept if you don't want to.  The ball is then back in the guest's court to decide whether or not to cancel the original reservation.