Suddenly unlisted

Answered!
Katrina64
Level 2
Bath, United Kingdom

Suddenly unlisted

We have a confirmed reservation with a long standing host/location (and good reviews)

However, suddenly the location is unlisted (our reservation still appears to be in tact though).
Should I be worried? What does it mean if they become unlisted?
And yes, I sent the host a message but no reply yet.

1 Best Answer
Katrina64
Level 2
Bath, United Kingdom

I contacted AirBnB customer service directly to ask. All is well with the listing, it was just a temporary thing and has been resolved.

Thanks for all the input!

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Katrina64 Immediately contact Airbnb on the following number and tell them to solve this matter. United Kingdom: +44 203 318 1111. Normally if a listing has been removed on Airbnb the host needed to contact you before remove his or her listing. You can also contact Airbnb via twitter @AirbnbHELP send them a private message. Good luck!!!

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Katrina64

Are you able to contact the host through your messages ?

Hosts may have to unlist for various reasons, but it is very strange that you have not been contacted.  

It is fully possible that the host intends to honour confirmed bookings, but will have to cease taking further reservations.

Until we know the real reason, I think you have reason to be worried.

@Katrina64@Marit-Anne0@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0 would this happen if the host snoozed their listing?

@Matthew285 Yes this may happen but bare in mind that the reservation will not be cancelled and the host will receive a reminder. In this particular case it seems like the host is trying to ignore the guest message. 

@Matthew285

If the listing is snoozed, you should still be able to see the listing and be able to communitcate. You can only snooze for a certain amount of time though, so if the booking is further out than the snooze limit, the host might have to unlist to be on the safe side.

Not sure what @Katrina64 means with "become unlisted" - perhaps there has been a message through airbnb ? Earlier the system did not let you unlist if there were confirmed bookings though. Not sure if this is still the case.

Katrina64
Level 2
Bath, United Kingdom

I contacted AirBnB customer service directly to ask. All is well with the listing, it was just a temporary thing and has been resolved.

Thanks for all the input!