Suggested wording when following up when the Place is a mess-?

Bronwyn4
Level 2
Mayfield, Australia

Suggested wording when following up when the Place is a mess-?

Hi all,

I've read the conversation on the "extra guest and place a mess" and the "Don't be an Airbnb baby'- of course there will be times when we as hosts need to say something to a guest who has left the place a mess. My question is about helpful, non-inflammatory wording when following up with the messy guest.

We have cleaners who come in and they have not only worked for a us for a year but also for the previous owners for 5 years, so we know they are very reliable. According to our cleaners our recent guests left food in the fridge, washing up undone, garbage not emptied, bath towels muddy, foodstuffs in the fridge and on the floor and were late leaving plus a few more ...

I contacted them one-on-one and said I was glad they had a good time but was disappointed they had left the place in a less than acceptable way. They just got defensive and I want to make sure that in future I had the best skills possible to word my contact with people so any negative reaction from them has not been inflammed by my tone.

Do people have examples of what they have writtten which might be helpful?

Cheers

Bronwyn

1 Reply 1
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Bronwyn4

you said "... food in the fridge, washing up undone, garbage not emptied, bath towels muddy, foodstuffs in the fridge and on the floor"

and it seems to me that until now you had extraordinary and unbelivable neat guests 🙂 To me all of this is something to be expected, ok, not food on the floor but I see everything else on a regular basis and to me that is all normal. I am happy if they don't make any damage or rob me 

but, if you feel you should mention it  then you will find nice review examples here: 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosts/looking-for-short-effective-statements-for-quot-delicate-q...