Super Host.

Carolyn5
Level 8
Leongatha South, Australia

Super Host.

Hi. I lost my hard earned Super Host Status shortly after I made a complaint about Instant Book and started a campaign for choice. I am very upset because I have always been an excellent host with good reviews, and I know that I am worth it.  I AM meeting hosting requirements as much as I am able. The only thing I can think of is that trade here is seasonal and during the winter months not much happens here so bookings are slow, but I cannot accept that the term Super Host applies more to sales than care. It seems Air BnB are much more concerned with the amount of money reaching their coffers than they are about the business itself. Their focus is now on throughput rather than quality. For their information, Super Hosting is all about caring, not about the number of "sales" we make.

Air BnB need to be reminded that it is us, the hosts, who put money into their pockets and keep them employed.  They work for us, not the other way around. It is the hosts who keep these brokers going, but we are being penalised for conditions beyond our control. Location and other static issues should not be an issue when considering Super Host status. Let the reviews decide.

Air BnB - your job is to look after us. We will take care of our guests.

Unhappily,

Carolyn

3 Replies 3
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

When was the cancellation? That could exlain it.

David
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I understand your frustration, @Carolyn5, but this is all over the map. Are you implying you lost your status because you complained, or because of lack of bookings or because of low stars for location and other static issues? Or all of the above? The last two may be the case. Number of bookings and stars are certainly criteria. Staying quiet is not part of it. I know I have whinged about not wanting instant book without being penalised. 

Superhost is nice, but it seems to make little difference, at least here, and from what others have said on the forum. The lovely (actually fantastic!) reviews you are getting will do the most for you, I think. It is what I look for as a guest. It makes a host "super" in my opinion. You are indeed a super host. 

I feel your pain. I'm not in a highly sought after location and generally get bookings from people whose family can't put them up or a doing a course in the area. Therefore nowhere near as active as those closer to the city. I also lost a little in star rating with a recent guests because she didn't realise the bathroom was in the main part of the house and not one in the granny flat - she just did not read the description properly. Can be tricky.