Superguest Suggestions

Jaime233
Level 2
Washington, DC

Superguest Suggestions

Hello,

I am very excited for the Superguest program to begin sooner rather than later! I love AirBnB and everything about the idea of the experience. I have had many positive experiences, but adding some of the suggestions below would greatly enhance that. In response to AirBnB seeking suggestions for the travel membership program (https://www.airbnb.com/new), I submitted the following:

Discounts on stays - for every x number of stays, I receive a % or $ off of my next stay

The same discount on referrals as new users - currently new users receive $40 off and the person referring a new user recieves $20 off. I would suggest $30 or $40 for both users. 

Waived or discounted cleaning fees, especially considering some hosts have excessive cleaning fees

Flexible/adjustable check-in and check-out times

Pick up from and drop off to the airport

Cleaning during the stay - depending on length of stay, cleaning every few days during the reservation

Expedited tax exemption for business trips

Priority booking - currently when someone receives pre-approval, the room/home is not blocked off for them and still shows as available

Stocked refrigerator with snacks and drinks

Gift baskets with local delicacies

Would love to hear others' thoughts!

@Airbnb2I am ready to sign up for the Superguest program as soon as it is offered! 🙂

Thank You,

Jaime [Surname hidden]

39 Replies 39
J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

To make the list of perks more attractive and unrealistic 🙂
Not less than a limousine should be expected to pick up from and drop off to the airport 🙂
A red carpet must be extended upon arrival of the Superguest 🙂

In my case, a helicopter ride from mainland to island, only $3000. I missed the part to whom I should send the bill to. 😉

If Airbnb wants to reward "superguests" out of their own pocket they are at liberty to do so.

But, the asks are enormous for a host to pay out of their pocket, the average cheap hotel  $250/night can spread their costs over hundreds of rooms and guests and they do not offer all of these asks.

If I were just to add up the costs for:

(free cleaning) + (daily maid service)+(travel to and from Airport) + (concierge on hand 24/7 for arrivals) + (gift baskets) + (stocked fridge) + (loss of reservation on pre-approved dates because guest changes mind and host cannot book dates) + (discount on stay) +

it would mean raising prices to at least $300 a night and  that would  still barely cover cost alone.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Imagine @Ange0, the complexities, the misunderstanding the mismatch between expectation & reality.  This has high-maintence written all over it IF implemented foolishly.

@ Fred (I can't tag you!)  

I like your optimism  "IF "  implemented foolishly.

I can see the reviews now - 1 star, thumbs down: "Local delicacies sucked,  my favorite snack wasn't in the fridge".

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ange2  "I messaged 2 days ahead of time to tell the host what brand of caviar I like, but he bought an inferior brand. I'm flabbergasted that the host would care so little, when I'm a Superguest."

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

How many of you hosts find that the 'lots and lots of past trips' guests can often be the ones who figure 'I do this all the time, no need to read this listing or the booking info?'

@Sarah0  @Rebecca0 @Anonymous @Ange0 

Any true SG promotion would begin with some serious guest education and standards.

My SuperGuest requirements:

a complete profile

5 trips (12 months rolling)

80% review rate

less than 24 hr response time (to all messages)

>4.7 rating in ALL categories

Then ABB could give them what SH receive:

Priority CS

Travel credit

A badge

And how about this: ABB creates a portal where we can search for (super)guests and we can send them special offers to stay at our listing??

And ABB could think seriously about how to add perks for SH & SG:

Travel Insurance

Discounted Service Fees

Bonuses at certain dollar or volume amounts

However, ABB seems more concerned with building user volume  vs travel volume

@Kelly-And-Dan0 I like all your suggestions for Superguest criteria and rewards. 

One thing I'm not sure about from the Guest perspective is the idea of being contacted by hosts with special offers. It's actually a feature that existed in the early days of Airbnb, around 7 years ago - guests could enter the dates and location they were searching and hosts could send them offers. They scrapped it eventually, as I don't think it worked very well.  The Search/Request process is a one-way street for a good reason; it's the guest that has specific parameters for their dates, budget, and wishes, and it's unlikely that they'll have any flexibility on these points just because a host needs to fill out their calendar.

However, if the Superguest thing materializes and hosts voluntarily wish to extend searchable Superguest-Only discounts, I see no reason they shouldn't be able to do so. I personally wouldn't, since I'm actually quite happy with the vast majority of my guests and offer a budget rate to everyone. But it might be a nice feature for hosts who use Instant Book or who attract the interest of alot of undesirable visitors.

@Kelly149  This is the right idea, great suggestion Kelly.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jaime233 I notice no list of expectations of guests - such as letting us know if they are going to be late, etc