Superhost requirements: Review rate?

Arseni0
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

Superhost requirements: Review rate?

How is the Review rate tracked listed under the Superhost Qualifications?

What is it?

How is it measured or reflected?

Found: Dashboard>Stats>Standards> Super host requirements > Review rate 50%. 

Ours has always been at 0%......It hasn't changed at all in the 1 month we've had our listing. We've I've had 4 guests and 3 reviews...Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 2.01.32 PM.png

5 Replies 5

Review rate is the amount of reviews written by the guests who have stayed with you.  Since you are relatively new, they just aren't pulling the data yet.  

@Arseni0, my understanding of review rate was exactly what @Alice-and-Jeff0 has explained.

But then I am confused by this:

1. I know that not every guest has written a review of us. (40 trips, only 32 reviews.)
  2. My review rate is and has always been 100%

One extra piece of data: I have always written a review of my guests, 100% of the time.

Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 5.21.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-15 at 5.21.28 PM.png

Tammy91
Level 5
Missouri City, TX

@Alice-and-Jeff0, the same thing has happened to me. New for ne month. My ratings show up on my listings but not on my Superhost requirements. It shows 0. How long does it take? Considering this quarter for becoming a SuperHost ends on March 31st, it is important to me to achieve that goal.....and I think that I can. But if the system isn't recognizing these reviews, how can it work? Is there a difference between ratings and reviews? I have the 5 stars and actual written reviews. Am I missing something?

@Tammy91, @Matthew285 - Since there is no information exactly about this topic, my thoughts are speculative and based on other information known about the Superhost program.

They do not update it frequently since the statistic is not exactly a part of the Superhost criteria.  It is a limiting factor, meaning, if you don't get reviewed by at least 50% of your guests, then you won't be considered regardless of the other factors.  It's to encourage you as a host to write reviews for your guests, because typically, when one writes one, the other writes one. It will also encourage you, as the host, to reach out to guests after the reservation is over to complete one if you find your clients are not being active about completing this.  It's also to help eliminate hosts who meet the minimum 10 reservations a year but get only 1 review.  It doesn't give a very accurate picture of the host based on one review every 12 months. 

And since it is based on a year's worth of reviews, it's likely they only update that number once a quarter, but there is not any notation as to the frequency of the update.  Ultimately, you should have a pretty good feeling of the number of reviews written by your guests to ensure that you meet the 50% 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/833/what-s-the-superhost-section-of-my-dashboard

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/829/how-do-i-become-a-superhost

New host here - first post. 🙂

It's a little odd that Airbnb bestows Superhost status based on a criteria that's really not under the host's control. So far I've hosted 6 guests and only recieved 3 reviews (All 5 star so far), which I understand completely.

I'm not a fan of being hounded on a regular basis to respond to surveys and such and this is just a variation on that theme, so I don't expect a review from every guest.

I'm not comfortable nagging my guests to write reviews. Why should I have to to be considered a good host?