Taxes air bnb is paying on my behalf?

Taxes air bnb is paying on my behalf?

Hello, 

I am little confused about tax paying sistem here with airbnb. Here in Portugal i am obliged to pay 6% of VAT for any transaction related to lodging. As i get the money directly in my bank acount i have to give out a receipt so the state knows that i earned this money, and that in the end of the month i have to pay 6% of it to the state. So, the problem is that i have to put some tax paying number from Airbnb. I tryed to find here in the website and could not find anything, except that suposadly when a see my "gross earning" it says there, sometimes, that airbnb already got some taxes and gave it to the state on "my behalf", but not only i think that  this is not really legal, but also i dont know wich taxes are they suposed to be paying on my behalf, and the values dont match. (they pay 4€ for a 100€ transaction, instead of the 6% - 6€)

I tryed to contact airbnb but the guy in line insisted that all the information i need is in the gross earnings form, and it is not, i tryed to explain it to him but he thought i was just not getting it  and rudely disconected the call. 

Somebody knows how to help me?

Thanks

Ana

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Seems from your listing that ABB collects Tourist Tax but not VAT.

David
Tim749
Level 1
Portugal

Hello Ana,

we have the same problem.

I just wonder if you found an answer to that yet?

many thanks

Tim