Taxes in Ireland .

Maggie23
Level 1
Kouvola, Finland

Taxes in Ireland .

Hello,

I have had my dublin city apt listed from last June, what taxes do I need to pay? I am not living or working in Ireland. Do I need to hire an accountant a lot of expence comes out before I make a penny .  Someone from Dublin please help.

3 Replies 3
Mary315
Level 2
Chartres, France

Hi!

I'm Mary, an non-resident Irish citizen living in France. I bought a little holiday home in Wexford that I'm renting out on airbnb since last year.

I'm struggling as well trying to find clear information on what taxes I'll be paying and everything else that goes with it. It's a nightmare... I'm lost. I have contacted an accountant and waiting for them to come back to me... but they seem lost as well with my situation... I know if you live outside of Ireland you need someone in Ireland to complete and return your tax form. It can be a friend or family, but looks like you need a masters degree in accounting to understand how to fill in the form

Anyone out there go some good advice?

Mary

Anam1
Level 1
Dublin, Ireland

Hi Everyone,

Looking for some help. Im new to Airbnb and dont know how the tax works out. I live in Dublin and am renting out a room in my own house. There is a tax related seminar soon in Dublin but I wont be able to attend. Could anyone attending share the information with me ? I would love to have a chat with someone who already knows. 

Thanks in advance. 

Anam.

Hi, if you rent your room through airbnb and you live in the house/ apartment yourself, you just have to mention amount of your earnings while returning your tax claim cert to revenue. Up to €14 000 a uear if tax free, i have done it two years already. Find section : family ( i know- doesn’t make sens, i was looking under: rent a room but revenue worker advised me on that), so under family section is another: rent a room, so there write overall amount for the year from invoice you get from airbnb, that’s it.