Time limit to reply to potential guests.

Jan265
Level 2
Edinburgh, GB

Time limit to reply to potential guests.

On a number of occassions I have asked for more info from potential guests to ensure our property is a match for their needs.

Airbnb does not seem to know when I am corresponding with these guests and will close off the dates and accuse me of not replying to the request. How can I clear this up and ensure that airbnb knows that I am replying?

2 Replies 2
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

You need to ACCEPT, DECLINE, or at least PRE APPROVE within 24 hours. If you don’t have enough information from your guest in that amount of time, you can choose DECLINE and let the guest know once you have received the info you need, you can change it to approved. Chances are if you haven’t gotten what you need within 24 hours, you’re probably not going to. 

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

I've had the same issue where someone has asked a question in a request that should have been asked as a simple enquiry. If I don't get a suitable response within the 24hrs I decline the request with a message explaining that I will be more than happy to reconsider once the query has been resolved. Unfortunateyl Airbnb can't seem to make their system understand that a discussion should count as action!